Signal and battery issues with my phone

PoseidonB

Reaction score
Before I start, my smartphone knowledge is quite high, and I have done numerous seaches and did find some sort of relavent pieces of information.

The battery problem has been the one where it drains to 70% after only an 3hr, 47 minutes. I have no apps in the background, nothing syncing besides gmail and had only sent maybe 6 text messages. I don't even have bluetooth or wifi enabled. I did notice that the battery is being consumed by Cell Standby (13%) and is showing as out of service for 50% of the time. I know that there are haphazard fixes for this issue but it seems to be hit or miss.

The other issue is probably related to this one. After 17 minutes, my calls drop. I have not had a single phone call last longer than 17 minutes without dropping. Looking through my call log, I get 17m 34s, 17m 54s, 17m, 18s before I drop the call. I am in an area with great signal.

I seems like a software issue. I'm running 2.01 and haven't attempted the move to 2.1 yet. Does anyone think that it's firmware? Software? or maybe I should just get the phone replaced while I still can?

OP
PoseidonB

PoseidonB

Reaction score
I can't believe that I haven't had a single comment or suggestions as to what could be causing this issue and/or how to fix it.....

Anyone?

OP
PoseidonB

PoseidonB

Reaction score
Unfortunately i'm using the Milestone which is HSPA and thus not compatible with that option. Thanks though!