*Sigh* Well I've hit a deadend w/ my rooted Droid 2

iFlippy

Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't think I've done enough research in regards to rooting and oc'ing my phone but I'm not really get a lot of information concering Droid 2's overclocking procedure.

So at the moment, I've rooted my phone through this method: Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers Then I dl'ed SetCPU and was disappointed to see that I could not go beyond 1Ghz.

I did some research and found out that my kernel is limiting me, correct me if I'm wrong. So I assumed that the solution to this is installing a custom ROM. I found a guide, installed ROM manager, flashed, and clicked on Download ROM. Barely anything was available, Cyanogen nor Bugless too, and this is where I've stopped. Tips?

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Oh and my apologies for posting in in the wrong area. I wasn't sure how to access the Droid 2 specific page till I started looking up at the top navigation bar.

AlphaMack

Reaction score
As said many times on this forum:

The D2 is hampered by a locked bootloader. This means that even if the phone is rooted, one cannot swap out kernels or completely replace the OS with a custom ROM. And even if the bootloader is ever cracked, someone will have to take on the responsibility of maintaining a project.

OP
I

iFlippy

Reaction score
Ah. I see. Well I just wanted to mention that I did in fact just bought a Droid 2 recently so although I've ran across a few post stating that the phone is still not entirely unlocked, I was not aware of just how applicable these posts were at this point of time.

But as seen, there are some ROMs available in the Droid 2 forums so what gives? So confused. I'm going to assume these available custom roms, as you state, are not a complete replacement of the OS. But as I've seen, certain kernels are able to allow oc'ing of the D2 so that would satisfy me for now - I'm just confused as to what to do at this point.

For now, I'll just hold off on the whole oc'ing portion till tomorrow evening. Thank you for your input.