(sigh) another pay app smh

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
More bloatware. What's available today will become embedded tomorrow.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
battle of the pay apps?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Who remembers having like 4 pay apps out there.then they all got shot down..Google swallowed a few...and now we're back to this?? AGAIN???? Where's the face palm emoji...??? It probably knocked itself unconscious and disappeared... Wow...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Who remembers having like 4 pay apps out there.then they all got shot down..Google swallowed a few...and now we're back to this?? AGAIN???? Where's the face palm emoji...??? It probably knocked itself unconscious and disappeared... Wow...
Yup. The big one I remember was Isis (later changed to Softcard or something) that was run by at least Vzw, if not other carriers. They blocked Wallet when it first came out from being used on Vzw because they wanted theirs to rule. I'm fairly certain that that's one that Google swallowed up.

I'm all for choice and innovation, but there comes a point when the average user isn't going to care and will just ignore all of them. I'd be surprised to learn that people who aren't tech nerds like us here on the forum are using any of these mobile payment options. I'd assume Apple's has the most "Non-nerd" users, but even then, I would guess that only die-hard fanboys are REALLY using that service.

I use Android Pay at Walgreens and that's about it in my area. McDonald's accepts it, but I try not to go IN to McDonald's when I eat there, so I end up paying with my card at the window. I believe Staples does too, but I don't go there often and ours is actually closing down after the first of the year.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Samsung pay works good on readers that are not nfc. Ill whip out the phone and the cashier would say it is not set up for it yet. As soon as that pops out his mouth my receipt is printing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for all digipays to merge into one or two(apple pay and android pay sounds good). I'm not even bothering with this cluster @#&* right now.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for all digipays to merge into one or two(apple pay and android pay sounds good). I'm not even bothering with this cluster @#&* right now.
What about
65c87762ce97168a8ec6aa624ebbdce3.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Galaxy Note 4 on lollipop and Samsung pay isn't supported. . Very disappointing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man I thought I wrote a story comparing android pay to Samsung Pay but am not able to find it via google or forum search. So I guess I'll post my info here as this is a good place to discuss how these pay apps are doing thus far.