Sidekick On Verizon (Just A Question)

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by NVash, Jan 14, 2010.

1. NVash

NVash New Member

I was just discussing my old Sidekick with a friend and remembering how much of a pain in the neck it was with T-Mobile. Might be better on Verizon, who knows? But then I got to thinking, if it came to Verizon, would I grab one?

Okay, I know itll never happen, but lets say it does. Would anyone here get it?
  2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

why do you want a sidekick over your Droid? or even the Droid Eris? and when the Moto Backflip comes out, it will blow the Sidekick away...
  3. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

plus its GSM.
  4. NVash

NVash New Member

TBH, I miss the fancy way it flipped open. It was kinda like flipping open a butterfly knife just to check EMails.

And I wouldnt use it over my Droid. Id switch between it and the Droid every once in awhile. Despite how much I like my Droid I hate being stuck with just one phone. Thats one thing I liked about T-Mobile, just pop your SIM card in another phone and youre good to go.
  5. bossrogue

bossrogue New Member

Sidekicks were always way too clunky of a phone for me.
  6. Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr New Member

Man Sidekicks are the most overrated/overpriced phones. A sidekick LX 09 at retail cost 480 with tax. wtf. 480 for what? Laggy youtube? 3G that you can barely get? The typical Instant Messengers all sidekicks have? or the slow webbrowsing?
  7. NVash

NVash New Member

Oh, they are indeed supremely overrated. I wish I could argue that. But one thing I liked was the whole OS behind it. I loved the way you could, obviously, flip the phone open from the get go. Then I loved the way everything worked. From the internet to AIM to EMail. Sure, it was slow as molasses and overall trash, but if it worked right that would truly be something. I figure if it came to Verizon surely that would be addressed. I doubt Verizon would allow everything to be as slow as molasses and that clunky on their network.

Another thing, the Sidekick being clunky. I dont know, I dont really understand what you mean. I actually found the Sidekick to be a huge phone, sure. It was like a brick. But now look at the Droid. And with a case its that much bigger. I think, honestly, the Sidekick is smaller and doesnt have that lip on the end.

Do I like my Droid? No doubt. Just saying the Sidekick is a way cooler looking phone and IF everything worked right and it was on Verizon Id snatch one up in a second.
  8. Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr New Member

Um no Sidekicks are bigger. A sidekick slide might be smaller. I went from an LX to the Droid and id never go back ever. An App market is enough reason not to go back. But if the sidekick became a smartphone that'd be interesting.
  9. NVash

NVash New Member

You may be right. My roommate has a Sidekick but Im sure its the Slide. The one I had so many years ago was an LX. You might just have a point there. It would be pretty cool if the Sidekick became a smartphone. It might just happen too, they do seem to be the wave of the future.
  10. nkcavs23

nkcavs23 New Member

do i look like snoop dogg to you?
  11. NVash

NVash New Member

No, but then again theres no avatar or any pic at all so I cant tell.
  12. krise11385

krise11385 New Member

I don't know how true this is but I heard on the web that they're makin a mytouch slide that has has a physical keyboard n that its suppose to replace the whole sidekick line at tmobile so who knows maybe another company will pick it up. I have had every sidekick n can agree its a overrated phone .n now I have my droid n had a storm one n a storm 2before the droid it makes me feel like the sidekick is a kids phone .
  13. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

Sidekick = for kids.....

-=Jason=-
  14. NVash

NVash New Member

MyTouch Slide kinda sounds like itll slide open just like the Droid. The main thing I really miss is that fancy flip that the Sidekick LX screen did when flicked open.
Search tags for this page
android sidekick for verizon
motorola sidekick verizon

sidekick for verizon

sidekick from verizon

sidekick on verizon

sidekick to verizon

sidekick verizon

sidekick with verizon
sidekicks for verizon

verizon sidekick

verizon sidekick phones