Sickest Theme Thats Not Available Just Yet!

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
whitetheme.jpg
Now I know I said the blue theme looks super cool... Well I was wrong, this one knocks it out of the park. I do not know about you guys, but I always want my device to be in white, like white theme, white case, white body. I do not know why I do that, but its more like I think of it as a cleaner, more unique looks since we live in a world of black phones and black themes which of course look good on our Droids, but sometimes I want to be different.
Anyways this theme has not been released, does not have an eta, and the developer is asking forum members if he should continue making it. Now I say please go to the thread and vote yes, not only because you like it... But because maybe someone that does not get the chance to vote will get the chance to use it.
Hey guys, I'm still quite new here. I started working on a light theme last night, and this is what has happened so far. I really love the winter and I love the open feel the light themes can give...so this could be my first theme. I'd name my first daughter Avalon if my woman would let me, but I doubt it, so I'll have to settle with my first theme.

Here are a couple basic previews, a couple things to note:
The large battery circle only appears while the device is charging.
The Time/Date is changable to include the weather.
When pressed the "Unlock" and "Silence" buttons turn android green.
I included a gmail widget in a couple of the previews here.
These previews are scaled down. This is 60% of normal Droid resolution.

Widgets Designed:
Gmail Widget+
Weather forcast
Google Search Widget
News And Weather
Facebook
Twitter
Pandora
Last.FM
Music Player
Power Control

Widgets To-Be Designed:
ESPN Score Center
Tapatalk Professional
Mini Info
Root Explorer

Vote on the matter in its thread

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mock ups or actual apk that are themed?? Cause that will take alot of coding and redesigning of the .9 images!! Looks dope from the Mock ups though!!!

Ayrond

Reaction score
Who and where?

Who is this awesome theme made by, and where can we get it once it's ready? Do we know what rom's it works with?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Makes me think of a crisp, quiet winter morning that is just waiting for me to go out and make crunching sounds underfoot in the snow.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Who is this awesome theme made by, and where can we get it once it's ready? Do we know what rom's it works with?

importune is working on it. It's called Avalon Android. The vote link in the OP will take you to the thread. It's here on DF down in the themes section. Looks like he's putting alot of work into this and I hope it's out soon. Not sure what ROMs it will be ported too, but I'm sure the major ones will get a port.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got to tell ya. This is a great look if you ask me. So bring it on or maybe 928 will do whitew/ red glass next

IanG

Reaction score
Wouldn't a white screen drain more battery? Then there's this article Google Says Black Screen Doesn’t Save Energy Environmental Leader Green Business, Sustainable Business, and Green Strategy News for Corporate Sustainability Executives . With a screen that small it's probably not that significant even if it does.

Yeah, either way the backlight is on, so you're still using energy no matter what. That "Black Screens Save Energy" is a load of BS I think. Most phone manufacturers probably go with black themes because it's easier on the eyes, but MAN that white theme is pretty sick looking.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
White theme will NOT drain the battery more quickly.

I'm not quite sure how that rumor got started but its simply not true.

Sent from my Droid

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
White theme will NOT drain the battery more quickly.

I'm not quite sure how that rumor got started but its simply not true.

Sent from my Droid

Its true that black screens drain less batter on AMOLED screens, such as some HTC devices. But with the moto devices and any other LCD screens, white screens use as much battery as black. Check my sig.

I'm honored guys, thanks for the news post. Pandroid is helping loads- at this point its quite possibly more work done by him than myself. This theme will be coming out, just give us more time or help. :p

Thanks for the support.