Sick of waiting...

michaelearth

Reaction score
Ok So Im so sick of the GB OTA release date getting pushed back so I think im ready to apply the latest leak of GB manually. But first I have a few questions:

1. Can I get a link to the latest GB leak?
2. Is the latest leak rootable?
3. Will there be noticeable changes between the latest leak and the official OTA update?
4. IS there any way to apply the latest leak of GB without losing any data like apps and text messages without having to back them up with thirdparty apps?

Thanks a bunch!!

yearn

Reaction score
Ok So Im so sick of the GB OTA release date getting pushed back so I think im ready to apply the latest leak of GB manually. But first I have a few questions:

1. Can I get a link to the latest GB leak?
2. Is the latest leak rootable?
3. Will there be noticeable changes between the latest leak and the official OTA update?
4. IS there any way to apply the latest leak of GB without losing any data like apps and text messages without having to back them up with thirdparty apps?

Thanks a bunch!!

1. New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread
2. you should retain root access using the above link
3. highly doubtfull
4. No. I recommend Titanium BackUp for all you apps and app data

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Thanks yearn! But iknow when the OTA come ppl will not lose data so why can't we update it so we wont either? It just doesn't make sense to me cause I really don't feel like backing everything up again...

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

yearn

Reaction score
Pretty sure it has to do with the way we flash roms, the OTA updates will have signed images, where as we have to work around the locked bootloader. That's what I assume anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rudydroid

Reaction score
i can't swear to this, but you might check out http://www.drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/Roms.html
i first had trouble installing one of his roms because i wiped data and caches.
i was told to just flash it without wiping, so i did and it worked fine (minor problems).
one thing i noticed was none of my apps were affected. essentially, all of the work restoring my apps was avoided.
will one of his froyo roms work for you? i don't know.
i was on liberty gingerbread v0.5 .591 kernel before i changed.
you might check it out.