Sick of these SPAM notifications

biggdave92

Reaction score
I keep getting this "cute girl" pop up and "run run bear" pop up. Little green smiley face in the notification bar. i have uninstalled all apps i thought were doing it and it's still happening. anybody know how to get these to stop?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Get air push detector from the market... It'll tell you what app is causing it.. Then uninstall it

"I'll get you my little pretty and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Although it won't get rid of what's causing the adds, one of the add blockers could stop them from popping up.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
biggdave92 said:
didnt work.

Did it give you a list of any apps that are pushing ads? You then have to uninstall the app. You can also look to see which new apps you downloaded at the time the ads started. Delete those apps, one by one, until the ads stop. When they have stopped, you will have found your culprit and don't reinstall it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Let us know when you discover which app it is so we can avoid it.

OP
B

biggdave92

Reaction score
found a thread on XDA dev forum and found out it was go keyboard. uninstalled about 30 minutes ago and no ads so far. sucks cause i liked go keyboard.

OP
B

biggdave92

Reaction score
BTW, i downloaded addons detector and it showed go keyboard as the culprit.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, I use go keyboard and do not get any spam notifications.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have used it for months and no problems. This is good to know because I will try uninstalling that first if I ever get any problems. Actually I will probably just uninstall the most recent apps I downloaded first, then if that doesn't work say good bye to go keyboard. I try to install apps one at a time, so if I do have problems I will know which one to blame.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
I have used it for months and no problems. This is good to know because I will try uninstalling that first if I ever get any problems. Actually I will probably just uninstall the most recent apps I downloaded first, then if that doesn't work say good bye to go keyboard. I try to install apps one at a time, so if I do have problems I will know which one to blame.

That's a good practice. I say that cause its what I do :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!

OP
B

biggdave92

Reaction score

same thing i did.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Although it is possible that it was Go Keyboard, there is a chance that it was a Theme for Go Keyboard. I've used almost all of the Go products at one time or another and have never had a problem. I have had various themes for their products reek havoc with my phone.
The Go products are usually pretty good.

OP
B

biggdave92

Reaction score
JR, that is a very good thought. i'm going to re install go keyboard and see what happens. i was using the iphone theme so we'll see.