Sick of RSD Lite. 3 and a half operating systems later...

Mishael

Reaction score
ok so ive tried rooting and had issues but i discovered i needed sprevovery or whatnot which i didnt have so i needed rsd lite which i already tried on windows 7 which didnt work. then vista via a virtual machine on oracle virtualbox (legit windows vista from when i had it before 7) then on a totally different computer running xp and nothing. my main issue with xp is that i cant install any drivers because they "cannot be located" and thats just annoying. trust me when i say ive tried EVERYTHING to get rsdlite to work on all my computers so dont tell me "have you tried this?" cause i guarantee you i have. as for the half of an operating system i wont begin to explain my linux experience.

i need help with drivers on xp or some radical sure-fire way to make it work on anything not xp. time is also somewhat of an issue

mkthnx001

Reaction score
First of all, lol @ "i wont begin to explain my linux experience".

*NIX can take some getting used to, if you're new to it.

Anywho, what kind of error(s) are you getting when trying to use RSDLite?

EDIT: Have you tried running RSDLite as an administrator? (right click>"run as administrator")

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
no errors, it just never shows my phone
not to be sharp or anything and im typing this with a smile on my face but...didnt i say ive done EVERYTHING under the sun? because i have done that too, but i havnt on xp mainly because my ancient xp dell cant find any drivers for my phone

mkthnx001

Reaction score
This might help you:
Code:
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/05/06/guide-to-rooting-android-2-1-on-a-motorola-droid/

EDIT: Assuming you mean it doesn't show anything under "Device Properties", try to continue flashing the .sbf file anyway.

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
blah i already have that site open. thats what i tried using first but then ran into the rsd problems, which involve rsd lite not knowing my phone exists

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried rooting with the new droidmod app? Check for it in the news section.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
blah i already have that site open. thats what i tried using first but then ran into the rsd problems, which involve rsd lite not knowing my phone exists
You could just do it the easy way and download the new dmupdater and let it root the phone for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mkthnx001

Reaction score

Did you try booting into recovery to see if it isn't already installed? Also, try rebooting your computer.

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
i know it isnt installed because life has never worked in my favor. also, ive done the dam rsd process so many times i lost count at 8 skillion including countless reboots.
now i used dmupdater. same thing as before:
-- install from sdcard...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
e:eocd marker occurs after start of eocd
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted.

this has happened to me 9 skillion times.

ststephen

Reaction score
I was pulling my hair out over this yesterday and for me it turned out to be a driver problem (imagine a driver problem with Windows) using XP. Long story short, I removed all Moto drivers on the computer and reinstalled drivers as the tutorials suggest. After that, I still had no love. So I reinstalled Motorola Media Link, and there it was, finally.

I am sorry if it doesn't help you, but I hope it will. I used the basic, slash and burn it all out of Windows and try again from the beginning, man I hate running Windows....

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
A: you will never get RSD Lite to work under linux alone, there isn't a *nix version of it.

B: when you end your first post with, "I've done everything possible a gazillion times, so don't ask have you tried this", where does that leave us? Or am I the only one who sees the irony in that.

So, I guess there is nothing I can do to help, as I am sure you actually downloded the proper drivers to your dell xp machine instead of just plugging in your phone and trying to let it find them on it's own.

good luck

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
i did try that last one but after further insight into that, i found i had the not good drivers so i need some new ones