Sick of grade c software

nepkp

Reaction score
I have had my razr maxx hd for 6 weeks now. I have spent about half of the time replacing (8 times) and trying to get a screen protector that is harder than my fingernails. The rest of the time, I have been dealing with buggy software that should have never made it out of Alpha test. I am a huge fan of open source and a 40 year veteran of systems engineering. I am beginning to wonder if the intellectual pirates at mephone HQ are not spending some of their huge cash reserves on industrial sabotage, paying off people so that they can be sure there will be show-stopping problems in final releases. Otherwise, the phone is a masterpiece of hardware design. I am not sure why, but the operating system seems to be 10 years behind the hardware. The text editing in any app is frustrating at best and unusable at worst. No undo, for example.....that should be a show-stopper and should have never been released to the public in such an unusable state.

I am ready to trash the phone, just because it is so buggy that it is sapping my happiness.

My razr v3 (5 years old) is a better phone, in that I don't have to take it out of my pocket to place a call, using the earbuds. I have not found an equivalent function on the razr maxx hd, and if there is one, it probably has bugs in it too.

No wonder the Chinese are eating out lunches!

PowrDroid

Reaction score
I have had my razr maxx hd for 6 weeks now. I have spent about half of the time replacing (8 times) and trying to get a screen protector that is harder than my fingernails.

Don't need a screen protector with Gorilla Glass. My previous phone (DG2) was always in my front pocket with a set of keys and the glass never got scratched.

The rest of the time, I have been dealing with buggy software that should have never made it out of Alpha test. I am a huge fan of open source and a 40 year veteran of systems engineering. I am beginning to wonder if the intellectual pirates at mephone HQ are not spending some of their huge cash reserves on industrial sabotage, paying off people so that they can be sure there will be show-stopping problems in final releases. Otherwise, the phone is a masterpiece of hardware design. I am not sure why, but the operating system seems to be 10 years behind the hardware. The text editing in any app is frustrating at best and unusable at worst. No undo, for example.....that should be a show-stopper and should have never been released to the public in such an unusable state.

I am ready to trash the phone, just because it is so buggy that it is sapping my happiness.

I'm trying to understand--Could you give some examples of software bugginess besides text editing?

My razr v3 (5 years old) is a better phone, in that I don't have to take it out of my pocket to place a call, using the earbuds. I have not found an equivalent function on the razr maxx hd, and if there is one, it probably has bugs in it too.

Again, trying to understand--doesn't voice command work with earbuds plugged in? Or does not your earbud set have a microphone?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Guys...I'll say this one last time..you may be fortunate enough, not to scratch your display..but all it takes is a grain of silica, or someone who is harder on their device than you..

Perhaps its just me, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for another person scratching their screen...:eek:

It is scratch resistant..not proof...:D

But any film(harder plastic) should be fine..try a clear one..so you don't scratch off the matte...

The softer ones will get dents in them..but I use only military shields...they look great, yeah they dent...but they bounce back.