Shut off 4g in ICS?

adrenalnjunky

Reaction score
Big Red just fired up 4G in my area about 2 months ago, but the 4g systems are over utilized until their next round of turn-ups in a couple months.

On Gingerbread, I could save battery and have a better data connection running on 3G, most of the time.

Now that ICS is out, I don't have the option to choose just 3G. I did move it out of Global mode at least to save battery.

buddy of mine has a G Nex on Verizon, and he showed me where he can select between 3G/4G on his, but the Motorola ICS apparently doesn't have that option.

Even weirder, I grabbed my wife's G Nex and hers doesn't have the 3G/4G selection option either, and he swears he's running a box-stock phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
For the razr, you can down load an app called lte on/off. Its for the t bolt, but it works fine on razr/maxx's.

Open it and on the pull down, set it to CDMA(auto prl) this should do it for ya :)

Another way is *#*#4636#*#* from the dialer..

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the LTE On/Off like 94lt1 said ... my 4G is spotty. It will also use less battery than trying to search back and forth for a signal. :)