Show us your ride!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I love red vehicles and also blue ones. The Mustang is really sweet! My '14 Explorer looked much better in Ruby Red that year than the blue did and it was available when I was looking at 0% interest so it was love at first sight. I've seen the'17 in blue and it looks really nice in the New model! I hope mine lasts as long as my'88 suburban which was red and tan and I had it 23 years!

Yeah, when I went shopping for the GT, it HAD to be Sonic Blue. The new Lightning Blue on the '17s is warming up on me...it just doesn't seem as bold as the previous blue or Sonic Blue.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I went shopping for the GT, it HAD to be Sonic Blue. The new Lightning Blue on the '17s is warming up on me...it just doesn't seem as bold as the previous blue or Sonic Blue.
I like the lightning blue better I think!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just hope that going forward, Ford doesn't go too deep into "chrome", in quotes, because it's basically some sort of plastic covered with a metallic chromed plating. I chose the limited rather than the sport body style in my '14 Explorer partly because the front grille on mine is Ruby red painted rather than the chromed plastic grille on the sport. I'd rather have real paint rather than fake chrome. I notice that the newer explorers have different grilles than mine and different tail lights. I think that they did the best grille on the'14 limited, but I do like the new taillights because they stand out more than mine and that's better for safety. Anyway, inside and out, I still love my truck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That's what I couldn't stand about the Cherokee or the CR-V....The fake chrome trim.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I just hope that going forward, Ford doesn't go too deep into "chrome", in quotes, because it's basically some sort of plastic covered with a metallic chromed plating. I chose the limited rather than the sport body style in my '14 Explorer partly because the front grille on mine is Ruby red painted rather than the chromed plastic grille on the sport. I'd rather have real paint rather than fake chrome. I notice that the newer explorers have different grilles than mine and different tail lights. I think that they did the best grille on the'14 limited, but I do like the new taillights because they stand out more than mine and that's better for safety. Anyway, inside and out, I still love my truck!

Yeah...but whether it's the vacu-formed metallic foil or painted, it's gonna chip up eventually either way. I say just leave 'em in the molded black plastic...Won't have to worry about chipping that way.

The '16 Explorer's got that face-lift which, IMO, looks more like that should've come after the 2010 Explorer. It just seems like it would've been more of a direct evolution.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah...but whether it's the vacu-formed metallic foil or painted, it's gonna chip up eventually either way. I say just leave 'em in the molded black plastic...Won't have to worry about chipping that way.

The '16 Explorer's got that face-lift which, IMO, looks more like that should've come after the 2010 Explorer. It just seems like it would've been more of a direct evolution.
I really agree with what you said about the evolution of the explorer. Looks like they had a design left over that they had to fit in and they did it in a slightly mixed up order.

Last edited:

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Rebdert: Good luck on that. America has pretty much said "we don't like hard top convertibles"... Not many companies make one anymore including Volvo. That 2013 we have was the final model year of the C70. Pretty much why we bought it. Wife found out that was the last year and wanted brand new so it had to be then. Considering they aren't popular, some people DO want them... our dealer did NOT want to sell our lease to us because he knew he could get more from it from someone else.

I think VW canceled theirs too.

lloyd: That's not even remotely unique about a hard top v a ragtop. It often happens to ragtops.
\\edit\\ Most folks don't have the top down on "cold rainy days". :D And the Hydro fluid is usually in the rear of the car, so it won't leak on your head. Has it been awhile since you've had a vert?

We were putting the top down once on a downtown street. Couple stopped to watch... the dude remarks:
"Well, that sure takes up a lot of room in your trunk..."
"Yea, it does. But, I didn't buy this car to haul stuff!"
:D Duh! :D
WOW! I have been off this forum for a long time...
I have a 2013 VW EOS (Hardtop convertible) they stopped making some of the trim packages in 2014 and then 2015 or 16 stopped production completely. My guess and hopes they make a comeback like the dang bug did!

Here is a pic of my EOS
10258626_10202101624081729_2149762690902939492_o.jpg

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
WOW! I have been off this forum for a long time...
I have a 2013 VW EOS (Hardtop convertible) they stopped making some of the trim packages in 2014 and then 2015 or 16 stopped production completely. My guess and hopes they make a comeback like the dang bug did!

Here is a pic of my EOSView attachment 77193
Nice looking ride! Welcome back always!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Nice Snow Truck you built there CR6. :D

Did you put a bow on it MysticalDreams? That is a nice color, agreed. What's it's official name?
"Stargazer purple" or something like that. Mine is JET BLACK MICA. Really, I'd be fine with just plain old Metallic Black.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Nice Snow Truck you built there CR6. :D

Did you put a bow on it MysticalDreams? That is a nice color, agreed. What's it's official name?
"Stargazer purple" or something like that. Mine is JET BLACK MICA. Really, I'd be fine with just plain old Metallic Black.

No... It wasn't a surprise. But it was unexpected when I offered it :)
That being said, the color name is 'Burgundy Velvet' everyone loves the color!!