Show us your ride!

Domestic violence

Reaction score
2hp36v4.jpg
[/IMG]

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That is my plan. But my plans didn"t include getting food poisoning yesterday.

Sent from someone else's Galaxy S7.
I hope you feel better real soon. There's a stomach bug going around here that feels like food poisoning and my daughter is getting over that, ugh! Also my 2 year old granddaughter has hand and foot and mouth disease, sores in those places... Trying to make sure her 1 month old cousin doesn't get it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Lmao at some tire chains on that little truck.

4 sand bags & you should be golden.

Sent from my Pixel XL
Lol. I was stuck at work and had to get home. Here in Portland Oregon the city shuts down when the ice hits. The jeep handles the snow like a champ. BTW those things are barely chains!! If you go to fast they'll snap. Haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. Ice sucks. I traded the ice storms of Kansas for the blizzards of Upper Michigan. Almost nothing shuts down here. Ever. Although, the kids have been getting some BS snow days this year...

Sent from my Pixel XL

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Lol. I was stuck at work and had to get home. Here in Portland Oregon the city shuts down when the ice hits. The jeep handles the snow like a champ. BTW those things are barely chains!! If you go to fast they'll snap. Haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Isn't that the truth. When I was living in Eugene, it only started to barely snow and they immediately closed every school. We were on the bus on our way for a field trip with my kindergarten class and had to turn back. The snow never even stuck. That certainly doesn't happen in NY.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
1f079d2e1355f9aab67bb0bea48ca1cd.jpg

Wife's Convertible. 2013 C70.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
If I ever get a convertible again it will be a hardtop! Best way to go.. Nice car

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
1f079d2e1355f9aab67bb0bea48ca1cd.jpg

Wife's Convertible. 2013 C70.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Always loved the mechanized convertible hardtops, that is until one of the sensors fails or it starts leaking hydraulic fluid on your head. And of course when it fails it'll be the coldest, rainiest day of the year with the top somewhere mid point. You'll be 40 miless from nowhere in limp home mode. Mercedes will let you go about a mile at about 20MPH before prompting you to pull over and turn the car off just to repeat the process over and over again. Maybe I shouldn't play with the tops.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Rebdert: Good luck on that. America has pretty much said "we don't like hard top convertibles"... Not many companies make one anymore including Volvo. That 2013 we have was the final model year of the C70. Pretty much why we bought it. Wife found out that was the last year and wanted brand new so it had to be then. Considering they aren't popular, some people DO want them... our dealer did NOT want to sell our lease to us because he knew he could get more from it from someone else.

I think VW canceled theirs too.

lloyd: That's not even remotely unique about a hard top v a ragtop. It often happens to ragtops.
\\edit\\ Most folks don't have the top down on "cold rainy days". :D And the Hydro fluid is usually in the rear of the car, so it won't leak on your head. Has it been awhile since you've had a vert?

We were putting the top down once on a downtown street. Couple stopped to watch... the dude remarks:
"Well, that sure takes up a lot of room in your trunk..."
"Yea, it does. But, I didn't buy this car to haul stuff!"
:D Duh! :D

Last edited:

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Rebdert: Good luck on that. America has pretty much said "we don't like hard top convertibles"... Not many companies make one anymore including Volvo. That 2013 we have was the final model year of the C70. Pretty much why we bought it. Wife found out that was the last year and wanted brand new so it had to be then. Considering they aren't popular, some people DO want them... our dealer did NOT want to sell our lease to us because he knew he could get more from it from someone else.

I think VW canceled theirs too.

lloyd: That's not even remotely unique about a hard top v a ragtop. It often happens to ragtops.
\\edit\\ Most folks don't have the top down on "cold rainy days". :D And the Hydro fluid is usually in the rear of the car, so it won't leak on your head. Has it been awhile since you've had a vert?

We were putting the top down once on a downtown street. Couple stopped to watch... the dude remarks:
"Well, that sure takes up a lot of room in your trunk..."
"Yea, it does. But, I didn't buy this car to haul stuff!"
:D Duh! :D
I had a 2001 Toyota solara and I loved it..I just didn't like wrapping it up in a cover all winter because we're definitely in 4wd territory here in winter. My other vehicle (88 suburban) was aging and my husband either needed in 2003 to get a new vehicle for himself or I need to have him drive the solara and get a new vehicle for me... So he took it (at this point the rag top had been replaced once) and I got a 2003 expedition and I still had my suburban. That went on OK until my daughter needed a car and my husband traded her Volkswagen beetle for a Camry and she got the solara convertible... He still has his Camry and she's been thru the convertible (and 1 more new rag top), a used Audi, and then a new accura... I got my explorer in 2014 and I will always drive 4wd till I can't hold the keys in my hand anymore. I know they're phasing out convertibles, but it was real nice ( except I tend to get skin cancer) and I didn't have the solara for myself long. Anyway, if I'm still around the next time convertibles become popular, maybe I'll try it again. I do like the hard top and I don't care what fits in the trunk.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk