1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Show up as 2.0.1 but actually be 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Knitewulf, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Knitewulf

Knitewulf New Member

Here is the full story.
    I rooted my droid using this guide:
    Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid
    Then I successfully rooted and then I saw this guide:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...install-2-1-easy-way-refined-new-2-1-rom.html
    and I saw that they had Droidmod so I installed that on my phone and it did the Flash and SPRecovery for me. It looked like it had installed the ROM(bugless beast) that I was trying to download for me. I have livewallpapers, it asked me if I wanted 2.1 music and all that 2.1 only stuff, but when I go to Settings>About Phone>Firmware version.
    It shows up as 2.0.1. My droid came with 2.0.1 and I don't think I installed a 2.0.1 ROM with leaked 2.1 apps.

Well since it only showed up as 2.0.1. I spent my entire day trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 2.1 with the help of a couple people on an IRC chat. All we accomplished was I am now able to run ADB just fine. The Nandroid method did not work. Update.Zip it said the installation has failed.

Is there anything I can do? Or do I have 2.1 but they just didn't edit it to say 2.1?
    I would greatly appreciate some help I would like to install the Smoked-glass theme and Metamorph themes as soon as possible.

Please and thank you,
    Knitewulf
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

What does it say under Build Number in the about phone menu.

If it says Droid Mod, you are still 2.01 with LWP and 2.1 apps.

To solve that you need to follow that guide. Steps 8 on are the important ones.
  3. Knitewulf

Knitewulf New Member

Its still DroidMod 164 (1.0).
    Last time I tried following that guide it didn't work all the way for me. I will try it again and post
  4. Knitewulf

Knitewulf New Member

Well it seems I have it working now. Thank you very much.