show me your widgets!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I never actually looked at the file...I'm a retard.
so you need to Push each file separately to the phone? I have SDK installed at home and have been tweeking my droid little by little. right now im running BuglessBeast 7.5

I am a novice but can follow instructions. I'd love to skin my pandora and facebook widgets.

-=Jason=-

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/17714-themed-rom-smoked-glass-w-white-clock.html can download it from this rom. I pulled mine off and made color changes to it. Here it is attached. But to get it to work I had to adb push it into the /system/app folder. It works perfectly though.
how can I do this, can you point me in the right direction ?

-=Jason=-

First main question is are you rooted?

yeah Rooted, Busybox, Terminal, running BuglessBeast 7.5 , I have root explorer as well. at work I do not have SDK installed but I do at home. possible to use terminal do push to the phone?

-=Jason=-

ashkev843

Reaction score
how can I do this, can you point me in the right direction ?

-=Jason=-

First main question is are you rooted?

yeah Rooted, Busybox, Terminal, running BuglessBeast 7.5 , I have root explorer as well. at work I do not have SDK installed but I do at home. possible to use terminal do push to the phone?

-=Jason=-
Yeah you can do it from the terminal on your phone too. Download the widgets you want to install. Go to your sdcard using rootexplorer or astro. go into your download folder and either copy or move the files you downloaded to the root of you sdcard. The change the name of each of them from .zip to .apk. so for facebook it should be Facebook.apk. Next do you have roothelper installed by chance?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah I do have RootHelper backed up I just need to install it.

-=Jason=-

ashkev843

Reaction score
yeah I do have RootHelper backed up I just need to install it.

-=Jason=-

You don't have to have it just saves some time typing. I would reinstall it. Then open roothelper then click on the (mount mtdlock4 system read/wrtie) button. it will bring a popup that says it is mounted click ok. Go back out to home and open your terminal. type this

su

busybox cp -R /sdcard/Facebook.apk /system/app

this will be the same for whichever .apk you are trying to put on that i have posted just change the names. I think the ones from the smoked glass rom can be changed to .apk and then just installed by clicking on them in astro or rootexplorer. Not a 100% sure about that. I am working on learning how to resign the apps I have done so they can be installed by simply clicking on them...but that is a work in progress. Let me know if this doesn't make sense or you have any other questions. If terminal give you a error message first time go back into roothelper and do it again. Sometimes it is a little screwy the first time.

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
score it worked like a charm. not sure if this was needed.
but after I pushed the apk to system/app I unmounted , synced, and rebooted and all is well :)

-=Jason=-

ashkev843

Reaction score
score it worked like a charm. not sure if this was needed.
but after I pushed the apk to system/app I unmounted , synced, and rebooted and all is well :)

-=Jason=-

Never hurts...I normally reboot. Just because normally in the app drawer it aligns the text to the right. Glad you got it to work.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pandora Blue Accents

here is my Blue Pandora I have to thank ashkev843 for helping me get this started for me.

-=Jason=-

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

dirtygin

Reaction score
I applied the blue theme and got all the widgets to work, but the unlock slider is green, except when I put it into the docking station. Any ideas???

I'm using metamorph with Blue-stock-icons-v1-0 from AdamZ

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fixed the Pandora Landscape mode on the Widget its NOW smoked Glass

attachment.php

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my work blocks vimeo and the Droid will not play the video upload that to Youtube.com

-=Jason=-