show me your widgets!

loop4zil

Reaction score
Pure Grid Calendar, Pure Messanger, Pandora, FeedR, More Icons Widget, Weather Widget Donate, Power Widget, Google Genie, Beautiful Widgets, BatteryLife.

both of those apps Pure Grid Calendar and Pure Messenger are paid apps?

Anything free? = ) how do i get money on my android account?

Yeah...they both cost about a 1.50. I tried various free ones...ad supported ones and Lite versions...I finally took the plunge and purchased...I have not been sorry. I like the combo of looks and functionality that the Pure Products bring.

As for "free" stuff...
I see the "S2 Calendar Widget" on lots of screen shots. I think it syncs with google calendar. I messed around with and adware supported app called "Executive Assistant (adware)" that has similar functionality as Pure Messenger. I just did not like the layout that much and the ads got annoying. It is probably worth messing around with the free ones just to see if you would actually want to use a calendar or messenger widget.

Sodner

Reaction score
How did you all get the the news and power widgets to be partly transparent?? I am rooted (2.0.1) but using no home replacement.

loop4zil

Reaction score
How did you all get the the news and power widgets to be partly transparent?? I am rooted (2.0.1) but using no home replacement.

I installed a ROM called Petes Bugless Beast (I think the latest is 7.4). Among many changes, it added the smoked glass effect. I think there are other ROMS that change the look of the droid.

The Hacking, and Hacking help forums have a TON of info and links on the various ROMS.

There maybe some ways to change the look of your droid via home replacement apps. I have not messed with any of those so I cannot say for certain.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sholesmod offer smoked glass, loop mentioned bb. Either way you go whether it be bb or sholes rooting is worth it to me. I have said it alot, but the reward way outweighs the risks. Risks possibly brick your phone (probably a >5% chance), void your warranty (if you tell vzw you rooted or take a rooted phone to them for service, unroot b4 service), and maybe a battery pull every now and then but I got that on an unrooted phone.
REWARD: Wifi tethering, updates (more then vzw send out), more customization, speed.
Last week I was looking for a thread or a site that would convince me that all those rooters were a fool to root because I was afraid. Every time I would go to the obtain my root then trey to follow the sprecovery section I would get worried. Then I would unroot just to make sure I could. Yes I was paranoid about rooting. Sholesmod changed all that for me.
SO root (if you desire) so you can post widgets and screenshots with pride.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just rooted on Friday and downloaded drocap2 - this is my first attempt at a screenshot with it. This page has Beautiful Widgets (Naked Droid Skin), SetCPU, BatteryLife and Handcent SMS widgets.

Not bad for first attempt using Drocap2:

SunFeb07110748AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

jamko101

Reaction score

Here are mine in the order they appear on my phone. (click on them for a bigger view)

What stock widget is that?

The stocks one is just the native finance app that comes with the phone. Just add the quotes you want through the regular widgets menu

what news widget is that?

The news widget is the "News and Weather" widget that comes with Bugless Beast which I believe was an app that came with the Milestone. You can probably find the app if you search for it.

ashkev843

Reaction score
Here is what I have....Beautiful Smaller home (Skin I modified), Power control, Daily Bible Verse, Music, Pandora, Mini Info, Mototorch, Genie news, music, photo gallery (all modified). and stock: oneclick, set CPU, pure Cal, and pure cal grid.

loop4zil

Reaction score
Here is what I have....Beautiful Smaller home (Skin I modified), Power control, Daily Bible Verse, Music, Pandora, Mini Info, Mototorch, Genie news, music, photo gallery (all modified). and stock: oneclick, set CPU, pure Cal, and pure cal grid.

Excellent layout...how did you glass your Pandora widget?

ashkev843

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/17714-themed-rom-smoked-glass-w-white-clock.html can download it from this rom. I pulled mine off and made color changes to it. Here it is attached. But to get it to work I had to adb push it into the /system/app folder. It works perfectly though.

loop4zil

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/17714-themed-rom-smoked-glass-w-white-clock.html can download it from this rom. I pulled mine off and made color changes to it. Here it is attached. But to get it to work I had to adb push it into the /system/app folder. It works perfectly though.

Excellent. Thanks. I will tinker with this to see If I can get it to work.

ashkev843

Reaction score
Here is a facebook widget I modified to a transparent background.

loop4zil

Reaction score
Here is a facebook widget I modified to a transparent background.

That looks nice!

One I get this Pandora pushed over. I will begin pestering the developers of Feedr (my RSS widget on page 2) to include a smoked glass look. Then my home screen look will be complete!

Last edited: