shoutcast on winamp will not play!

funkdoctaspot

Reaction score
when i select a station it says, "failed to play the requested stream" for all of the stations. I can listen to stations on droid live, but i am unable to through winamp. i am sure it is something minute that i fail to see, but will someone please help me!

techguru

Reaction score
when i select a station it says, "failed to play the requested stream" for all of the stations. I can listen to stations on droid live, but i am unable to through winamp. i am sure it is something minute that i fail to see, but will someone please help me!

Have you checked the market for an update? There was one yesterday that fixed the problem I was having with Shoutcast (it was failing to even get the list of streams).

Alan

OP
F

funkdoctaspot

Reaction score
shoutcast

Yes i downloaded it today, 12/3/10 and it still will not play streams. Droid live, xiaa , works just fine. I found a conversation on winamps page that says shoutcast will not work in winamp on the droid x. They blamed it on either motorolla, android , or verizon however i dont remember exactly whom. I know that it works on other droid phones. I hope they fix this soon.

Hobn

Reaction score
Look at the comments, lots of other droid x users are having the same problem. So it's probably the app's fault.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

techguru

Reaction score
hmmm.... If I have time after work I'll try it on my X (I am using on my Incredible).

Alan