Shout out to the Stock Rom

andylulzyou

Reaction score
As much grief as we give Motorola, they really did make an excellent phone. I got bored and decided to .sbf and do a fresh install of a .340 Galaxy S theme...

It took me 21 hours to get it down to 30% battery, without any sort of over/underclock or removal of bloatware, and if there was any speed difference between stock and other roms I can't say that I noticed it...

soooo yay for having a great phone and so many different ways that we can configure it

luigi90210

Reaction score
As much grief as we give Motorola, they really did make an excellent phone. I got bored and decided to .sbf and do a fresh install of a .340 Galaxy S theme...

It took me 21 hours to get it down to 30% battery, without any sort of over/underclock or removal of bloatware, and if there was any speed difference between stock and other roms I can't say that I noticed it...

soooo yay for having a great phone and so many different ways that we can configure it
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
i love everything about the stock rom except the look(which i fixed with a gingerbread theme)
i dont really see why people hate the stock rom, i mean the chances are that someone is going to keep the stock launcher are not that high(on these forums at least)
i just loaded LPP when i got the phone and i havent felt the need to change roms like when i had the og droid

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
AOSP ROMs are just cleaner and smoother. But if you like the stock blur then rock it!

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
AOSP ROMs are just cleaner and smoother. But if you like the stock blur then rock it!

I love AOSP Roms too I've been running them for months, it's just a little saddening to see the DX getting so much grief when it's really a great phone no matter how you're using it. The only thing we should be mad about is the locked bootloader, not blur.

Carpetman

Reaction score
I have installed Darkslide and would like to get back to stock, how do I do it?

Reaction score
I'm downloading Gingerbread tonight, just wanna try a new look. Original isn't as sexy. But I've been rocking it for 6 months now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ctslaton

Reaction score
I also like some blur apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

trebb

Reaction score
To me, the biggest issue was facebook sync. I really would't mind Blur if it would let the official facebook app do the syncing - I HATE the fact that Blur syncs all of your friends. Whoever thought of not having the option of syncing only existing friends is retarded.

trustno1

Reaction score
I am running liberty right now, had it for about 2 days. I like how its faster and generally smoother but I think I miss some of the features from the stock rom. I don't really. I can't seem to make up my mind. What would be a good in between?

I am a little paranoid about bricking zeh DX.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I am running liberty right now, had it for about 2 days. I like how its faster and generally smoother but I think I miss some of the features from the stock rom. I don't really. I can't seem to make up my mind. What would be a good in between?

I am a little paranoid about bricking zeh DX.
i would suggest apex...it is right in between liberty and stock

and dont fret, it is pretty much impossible to brick these phones now. you can pretty much ALWAYS get into clockwork to restore a backup, and there is always SBF to flash if worst comes to worst.