Should I use my SLNR?

dfxmadness

Reaction score
Some of you might of read a thread I started. I was having issues with my gnex and called Verizon and went through the tech support. My issue of no 4g etc was solved but she sent me another gnex. My question is- should I pop out the sim out out out of my current gnex and test it in the replacement or just send the replacement back?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My feeling is if the phone you started with is working properly now, why risk it with a CLNR?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree with FoxKat, keep your original phone. The clnr was someone else's problem before it became a clnr . Could run perfectly but no reason to take that risk to discover it is not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
D

dfxmadness

Reaction score
My original phone is build IMM76K, CLNR IS IMM76Q. Should i still keep my original?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
My original phone is build IMM76K, CLNR IS IMM76Q. Should i still keep my original?

The only thing difference between K and Q is the gimping of the search feature, in accordance to a patent it violated.

OP
D

dfxmadness

Reaction score
The search feature on the home screen? I use that feature all the time. Also no improvement in the radio?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The search feature on the home screen? I use that feature all the time. Also no improvement in the radio?

It doesn't remove it, it just doesn't allow you to search your phone like it does on K. Meaning on the K version, if you search for Maps. You should get a list of internet options, as well as Google Maps the app. On the Q build, you just get the internet options. K can search apps, music, and contacts (and perhaps some other stuff) that are on the device while Q cannot. Nothing huge, but it does take something away that potentially could be useful to some people.

Nothing else is changed. No performance boosts or declines...just the search. This was a patent violation, Samsung and Google had to change this in order to remove a ban of the device from being sold.