should I Upgrading to ICS

droidmaxx

Reaction score
I have rooted my Maxx on android version 2.3.6 system version 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US. Has any one done the system update to ICS and did it unroot your phone? I don't want to loose superuser or tethering

Reaction score
I have rooted my Maxx on android version 2.3.6 system version 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US. Has any one done the system update to ICS and did it unroot your phone? I don't want to loose superuser or tethering

I wouldn't recommend upgrading while rooted. You should unroot...then upgrade...then root again. Honestly if you are rooting just for tethering then you just get foxfi which doesn't need root for wifi tethering.

Cinoib

Reaction score
droidmaxx said:

You buy Voodoo. You temp unroot. You take the upgrade. You re-root with Voodoo. I did it on my Razr Maxx.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yep VooDoo is great and will protect your root while you do the OTA, and it is free.