Should I Upgrade?

Tonik

Reaction score
What do you mostly use your phone for? Texting, email and phone calls? Then the 4 because you seem to hate your current keyboard. I would never go back to a hard keyboard after getting used to the onscreen one but that is a personal choice. If you are gaming, surfing, watching videos and making phone calls then you want the Razr for the better screen.

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I use my phone mostly for Text, Email, Twitter, and phone calls. So with all of the twitter, and forums visits I would LOVE the physical keyboard of the 4. However, I went to Verizon to look just now, and the 4 is a touch too thick for me and I worry about the battery. Therefore I think I will go for the Razr Maxx unless I decide to wait for something in the summer. The Maxx still doesn't have the physical keyboard, but it has the other things that I would like. I do enjoy my Bionic, but I really really like the Maxx. Thanks again guys for your thoughts and suggestions.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Also remember Verizon stopped doing early upgrades after 1 year. Meaning if you get a phone, you HAVE to keep it for 2 years, no if's, and's, or but's. So if you use an upgrade on a current generation phone, you'll have the same overall experience as your Bionic with a physical keyboard. I personally would hold off until the next batch comes around, should be some good stuff in there.

Bionic

Reaction score
I'm in the same exact situation. Got the Bionic the day it launched, but I also have my wife's upgrade burning a hole in my pocket. I was going to get the Nexus when it launched, but decided to pass. Almost pulled the trigger on a RAZR Maxx last week, but after researching, again decided to pass.

As others have already commented, nothing currently available thru VZW is different enough from the Bionic to justify burning an upgrade - except maybe the D4 since it has a physical keyboard.

Add to that the long wait for the official ICS upgrades, and I finally decided to just wait for the next big thing. I'm thinking that will be a native ICS device with a Tegra 3 QC proc. Or, possibly even something like the VZW Galaxy Note (aka Journal?). My eyesight ain't what it used be!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Mike8016

Reaction score
Wait 6 months till some better phones are out. These other phones out aren't much better than the Bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should wait for the galaxy journal!

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Upgrades are like candy being dangled in front of your face! I want the Maxx so bad but it may not be enough to get me to use an upgrade. What do we know about Tegra 3?