Should I upgrade or wait....

t35rk

Reaction score
Wow, you can get a Thunderbolt for $200?? Nice.

The Droid 1 was going for $400+ (bare minimum) a year after I had it. I thought all phones were like that.

$200 with the extended battery.

www.ksl.com/?nid=677&sid=5814305&ca...e=&zip=&min_price=&max_price=&type=&x=11&y=11

Times have changed since the original Droid was one of the only viable used android option.

You can find Bionics for $200 as well. It's a buyer's market.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

t35rk

Reaction score
I would say $200 easy.

Why buy a used Rezound now with no warranty only to sell it a year later at a loss ~ $250?

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why buy a used Rezound now with no warranty only to sell it a year later at a loss ~ $250?

It is not a used Rezound, but brand new in a box, and how am I losing $250, if I go thru Verizon and tie myself up again for two years the phone will still cost me $150-$200 upon another two year agreement, even if I pay $500 for the phone outright, it is MY phone and can sell it anytime I want, so if I decide to sell it for $250 one year from now, and buy a new one again for $500, phone still only costing me $200-$250, same as if I purchased it with a two year noose around my neck.

cp24eva

Reaction score
It is not a used Rezound, but brand new in a box, and how am I losing $250, if I go thru Verizon and tie myself up again for two years the phone will still cost me $150-$200 upon another two year agreement, even if I pay $500 for the phone outright, it is MY phone and can sell it anytime I want, so if I decide to sell it for $250 one year from now, and buy a new one again for $500, phone still only costing me $200-$250, same as if I purchased it with a two year noose around my neck.

I'm with you. Never getting a contract again.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

t35rk

Reaction score

You said "like new", not brand new. Does it come with a 1 year Verizon warranty? No, if you aren't buying it new from a certified retailer. And if you sell a $480 phone for $230 one year from now, it will cost you $250 for ONE year. If you buy it on contract the same phone will cost you $150 for TWO years, plus you get a warranty.

My advice is if you want a phone off contract, stick with the one you got. It's free! The off contract Rezound at $250 for a year, would cost you about $20 more per month than your Dinc.

Last edited:
OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You said "like new", not brand new. Does it come with a 1 year Verizon warranty? No, if you aren't buying it new from a certified retailer. And if you sell a $480 phone for $230 one year from now, it will cost you $250 for ONE year. If you buy it on contract the same phone will cost you $150 for TWO years, plus you get a warranty.

My advice is if you want a phone off contract, stick with the one you got. It's free!

In regards to warranty, its a bunch of crock, unless you have the $6 a month asurion smartphone warranty, Verizon does nothing for you warranty wise. Plus I don't want to be tied down again for two years with one carrier, who knows what choices might be out there from other carriers one year from now. The thought again of someone telling you what and where you can go, after paying them $1,200 a year, does not seem right in my book. I am getting rid of the noose.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]In regards to warranty, its a bunch of crock, unless you have the $6 a month asurion smartphone warranty, Verizon does nothing for you warranty wise.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]A friend of mine had a Droid 1 without insurance. His warranty experience was actually very good. They overnighted a new phone to him after he took the old one to the store. They paid for all shipping (including shipping the old phone to them).

Is his experience typical? I dont know. But if it is, then Verizon is good at servicing the warranty. I was there with him, and there were no hassles. His Droid was even rooted and ROMed (which I expected would cause problems, but it didnt).

Granted, it was not a new Droid. It was refurbished. But I think Asurion gives you refurbished product as well.
[/FONT]

t35rk

Reaction score
In regards to warranty, its a bunch of crock, unless you have the $6 a month asurion smartphone warranty, Verizon does nothing for you warranty wise. Plus I don't want to be tied down again for two years with one carrier, who knows what choices might be out there from other carriers one year from now. The thought again of someone telling you what and where you can go, after paying them $1,200 a year, does not seem right in my book. I am getting rid of the noose.

An off contract Rezound at $250 for a year, would cost about $20 more per month than your current off contract paid for Dinc. It goes back to the original question. I don't think the Rezound is a $20 per month better phone. But ultimately that is for you to decide for yourself.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If I had known this I would have upgraded from my Droid 1 a long time ago. I had no idea.

t35rk

Reaction score
If nothing else, the great prices on the used market can make paying for insurance completely unnecessary.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
No doubt. I am amazed that I can eBay a Thunderbolt for the same price that Verizon is still (STILL!) charging for a new Thunderbolt...on contract!

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Well...i no longer have a droid, but Im tempted to come back for the Rezound. I always go back to the iPhone strictly do to the iTunes compatibility ( and i have an iMac lol ). So if it were me, i would get the Rezound, theres not really gonna be any new phones coming soon that are going to be just bounds ahead of the Rezound because its software will be supported so ICS is coming and isn't that the biggest thing?