Should I upgrade from DINC to the RAZR or wait for the MAXX or neither?

DocsDad

Reaction score
I have the MAXX and it certianly does last. I had the RAZR before this and if I pushed it, I could deplete the battery in about 6-7 hours. However, I repeated got 17 -20 hours easily on the Razr with moderate use. My wife has the Razr and is a low usage person. At this moment she is unplugged for 15 hours and is at 52% battery remaining.

pbickel

Reaction score
Razr my battery gets about 12 hours on.moderate usage I have no need for maxx

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Fadeds

Reaction score
Where I work there isn't the best signal, so its about 6 hours before I'm at around 30%. At home tho I can go at least 10 hours. I wasn't even a fan of Motorola before I got the razr. I can tell you with all honesty that I am completely happy with my razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
L

LabShark

Reaction score
Looks like you upgraded from the Incredible as well. :wink:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
If you are eligible for an upgrade, you can buy the Max through Amazon for 229. They don't charge sales tax. Therefore its cheaper than getting a razor from Verizon direct

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for experienced and knowledgeable thoughts. I like my Incredible, but like the thinner RAZR. Is the battery life better on the RAZR compared to the DINC? I know the MAXX is way better - but more money and out of stock.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Maxx is worth every penny and wait. I wouldn't even consider regular razr. Maxx is what every phone battery should be like.

Fadeds

Reaction score
Yea I would have done that for an extra 30, but I had an early upgrade and Verizon will only handle that. Still happy with what I got.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't used the Razr so I can't compare it to my Maxx but I will say this. The usual line is that if you need the extra battery life because of heavy use, get the Maxx. However, I've found the Maxx to be a godsend for someone who doesn't use it heavily on a regular basis. The reason? Well, I simply never have to worry about forgetting to charge the Maxx every day. (And at my age that's good thing. :biggrin:) If I happen to forget one night I still have enough charge to easily make it through the next full day. Nor do I have to baby it, check it, design use profiles for it, etc. etc. I just use it. Been through a pretty typical day today and at 7PM I've used 28% of the battery after 14 hours off the charger.

All of this without the bulk or weight of an extended battery. I love this phone.

Andielyn

Reaction score
New RAZR MAXX owner here. I got mine during the Leap Day deal and even though the website said "shipping 3/16" or something like that, with the phone order it shipped immediately.