Should I update to the leak .320?

Anedae

Reaction score
Wondering if I should update to this yet... Been holding off waiting for a SBF. I'm still pretty new so I really don't want to brick my phone... Heh.

Worth updating yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Desicrator

Reaction score
Honesty I wouldn't, you can flash a ROM to get some features but it is risky to go up

kameleongt

Reaction score
so far I haven't had issues but i'm worried on installing themes or switching roms and I have the system sbf but i dont want the hassle of having to use it.

jonwgee

Reaction score
I've been on the leak since it was released (11-21) I've flashed all 5 Roms that are compatible. Then, I accidentally started to flash an older 2.3.15 Rom, realized my mistake and pulled my battery mid-flash.Was stuck on the M. Used RSDLite to flash the system only SBF. Then restored the Nandroid I had made immediately after installing the leak. All is well...

dustin4863

Reaction score
I've been on the leak since it was released (11-21) I've flashed all 5 Roms that are compatible. Then, I accidentally started to flash an older 2.3.15 Rom, realized my mistake and pulled my battery mid-flash.Was stuck on the M. Used RSDLite to flash the system only SBF. Then restored the Nandroid I had made immediately after installing the leak. All is well...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App[/QUOTE

What 5 Roms are you talking about i have used Tranquility and rubix but thats it but anyway if your worried about updating then i wouldn't till you feel comfortable with it. but i haven't had a single issue with the leak

brutalness

Reaction score
Honestly just stick with thw 2.3.15 untill they actually release a full .sbf from what ive been reading your not really gaining anything new.

Last edited:

jonwgee

Reaction score
Rubix 1.9.3, TranQ 3.5, Apex 1.2, Ultimate DroidX . sorry 4 Roms

dustin4863

Reaction score
Rubix 1.9.3, TranQ 3.5, Apex 1.2, Ultimate DroidX . sorry 4 Roms

ok thanks i don't wanna know the 5th where you had to sbf :icon_ poke: i didnt know ud had his out yet

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I'm on the leak and have flashed Apex 1.2 and JRummies ROM without a single issue. I say dive in!

Reaction score
Nobody can say for sure you won't have issues going to the leak but if you follow the directions to the letter you should be fine. Most of the hard bricks I've read about are from simple user error. When I flashed the leak I did a full sbf to bone stock blur froyo, re-rooted with z4root and then immediately applied the flash. Went off without a hitch. As for the roms... I've had rubix blurry, focused, tranq 3.5, apex 1.1 and now apex 1.2 which absolutely flies. Soft reboots almost never happen now either.
Honestly it is up to you to upgrade or not. We do at least get the system sbf but honestly once you have successfully applied the flash the risk is minimal. To be safe I deleted ALL files associated with. 315 except for a few themes. This means all nandroids and roms from the previous version.

jonwgee

Reaction score
rumm rx was the 5th knew I wasn't imagining that Lol

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Does the leak fix the random reboots with the lock screen?

I believe I have heard that it does, but I've been running Fab's Apex 1.0.2.2 for the 2.3.15 for the past week and I haven't had one reboot or bug yet..

So if that's your only reason for going up I'd suggest at least giving Apex a shot first

dancedroid

Greg_droid

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm using Rubix right now, and still have them occur. I'll give Apex a try this weekend.