Should I turn my droid in?

Obito

Reaction score
About 2 months ago I purchased 2 Motorola Droids with the BOGO offer (one for me and the other for a family member). It ran fine for just over a month then it rebooted on its own. I thought nothing of it at first but it did it again a few days later. And today it rebooted by itself during an important phone call. So I looked online for some info and found that its a common problem solved only by turning it in and getting another. But in my research I discovered the 2.2 update is due sometime soon and thought I might hold out for that to see if it fixs the problem. Further digging revealed that the Droid 1 is no longer being manufactured and a new replacement will be offered in August. Should I go ahead and turn it in today or wait for the update to see if it fixes it and if not turn it in for a different phone and lose my accessories?

Thanks,
Obito

Note: The other phone hasnt been rebooting that I know of.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
About 2 months ago I purchased 2 Motorola Droids with the BOGO offer (one for me and the other for a family member). It ran fine for just over a month then it rebooted on its own. I thought nothing of it at first but it did it again a few days later. And today it rebooted by itself during an important phone call. So I looked online for some info and found that its a common problem solved only by turning it in and getting another. But in my research I discovered the 2.2 update is due sometime soon and thought I might hold out for that to see if it fixs the problem. Further digging revealed that the Droid 1 is no longer being manufactured and a new replacement will be offered in August. Should I go ahead and turn it in today or wait for the update to see if it fixes it and if not turn it in for a different phone and lose my accessories?

Thanks,
Obito

Honestly, if you turn it in you will be getting a CLNR device. I would wait a few weeks or something, a few of us have been having really bad luck with the CLNR devices, Ive had 3 in the past 2 weeks, another user has had 6 in the past month. Now might not be the best time.

dolpns13

Reaction score

Thanks,
Obito

Dont hold your breathe, this has been rumored for the Droid for MONTHS and MONTHS now. Not sure what the deal is, but I wouldnt expect to see a 2.2 upgrade for the Droid anytime soon - the way its going, probably not until next year.

Last edited:

GAPACmedic

Reaction score
Do a hard reset, try anything to keep from getting a CLNR. I have had nothing but trouble out of them. I'm on my 4th Droid now.

re410

Reaction score
I don't know what a CLNR device is, but I'll assume you mean a refurbished one. I've been using a refurb for about a month now with no problems.

re410

Reaction score
2.2 hasn't even been available for MONTHS and MONTHS.

OP
O

Obito

Reaction score
My phone is just about brand new I really want to avoid a refurbished one if I can. So I take it the general consensus is to deal with the problem until they offer a better replacement.

trentphipps

Reaction score
CLNR- Certified Like New Replacement:) i know most of use this abbreviation loosely but for people that don't know or are new here ya go!