Should I trade Nexus for SGS3?

MonKENy

Reaction score
I have been a little underwhelmed w/the Nexus but am afraid Ill find similar short comings w/the SGS3 what are some negative about the SGS3 at the moment? How flashable is it? Hows the hardware? What are the strongest points? I need to decide soon Im almost over my grace period for the nexus.

My nexus is flashed w/JBSourcery 2.3

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Hardware wise its the best phone Verizon carries but I dont like cheap plasticy build quality. Im not sure about how good the dev community is. The only bad things I've heard are some cracked screens and some radios being iffy but neither issues seems widespread enough to be concerned.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
yeah I dont see a whole lot of activity here for it but then this is a droid forum

wcjeep

Reaction score
The GSIII is a better stock phone. I sold my Nexus. The GSIII battery life is a lot better. Can't speak for Roms.

music life

Reaction score
Fwiw when i went to get my S3 my brother was playing with the nexus. And when we left he said "man good thing you got the S3 instead. that nexus was laggy as hell"

Take it fwiw. Which prolly isnt much. But just saying.

Loving the S3 and my 4G signal is great. Havent seen less than 3 bars yet.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If you want to ROM I'd keep the NEXUS. ROMs should help in eliminating slowness and what not. If you just want to root and do some mild hacking I'd go S3. The hardware in the S3 is newer (S4 CPU + 2GB of RAM should make it snappy).

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I would say that the S3 beats the fool out of last years Nexus. Better radios, better battery, faster. Personally i would probably wait to see what the nexus device is for this year. I had planned to wait, but picked up the S3 because i wanted to use my upgrade before i lost unlimited data. I regret nothing. This phone rocks. Don't have an opinion one way or another on the plastic build. It keeps it light, and i have a S-Line case on it to protect it, so i never see the plastic. Without a case the phone is pretty slick so i would definitely recommend a case if you pick one up. But the new nexus should be announced in the next month or so.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
I dooubt Ill be able to swap out in a month though. I like the nexus but it seems like a wii versus an xbox360 or ps3 when compared to other phones. Easily moddable but underwhelming. Thats ok I think ill stick w/it. I just wish GPS and radios worked better

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I dooubt Ill be able to swap out in a month though. I like the nexus but it seems like a wii versus an xbox360 or ps3 when compared to other phones. Easily moddable but underwhelming. Thats ok I think ill stick w/it. I just wish GPS and radios worked better
I didn't catch that you just purchased the nexus. In that case i would say definitely switch it out for the GS3. It is a tremendous phone. Even modded i think the GS3 will rock the nexus's world. The nexus were designed to be affordable and up-gradable, not necessarily top of the line hardware however.