Should I trade Droid for BB Tour???

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Guys thanks for giving me some helpful feedback. I have decided to stick with My droid!!!! I must have been having a brain fart!!! I did the *228 so i hope it helps a little and I am sure I will get used to the weight!!!!! Your right the droid is the "it" phone right now and the Tour is kinda old by now. Thanks again!!!!

Nope, too late. If you considered the swap, then you lost the privilege of having a droid!!!

Just kidding of course. I think you've made two very good decisions: 1) to purchase the droid in the first place and 2) to keep the droid. I've been using cell phones since we considered a 5 pound phone in a bag to be wonderful and I can tell you, this is the best. It's just about infinitely customizable. :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Funny thing my friend has been telling me that when she can upgrade in 2 weeks that she wants to get the tour, and ive been trying to convince her to get the DROID because well we all know that its better ;)

my thoughts are don't trade the droid for the bb tour because you will probably regret it and miss all of the customization possibilities that the droid gives to us :) not to mention the apps, games, etc.

rage151

Reaction score
*228 option 2 updates the phones PRL (Preferred Roaming List). It simply selects which available network the phone should use when roaming. It does nothing to affect call quality if you stay on the Verizon network.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok I have had the Droid for 5 days and it is pretty cool. I do hate how heavy it is and the call quality sucks!!!! I loved my old Curve 8330 and am thinking of maybe swapping my Droid for the Tour..... Any thoughts?
I'd suggest switching back to the Curve 8330 for 5 days. If you're happy then switch. If you come to your senses, well, at least you didn't waste any extra money. :D

J/K. Go with whatever you prefer. It's all about finding whatever suits you best unless you're just trying to fit in.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
I am so glad I decided to keep my Droid. Not sure what i was thinking!!!

kamileon

Reaction score
You can try to change the voice code. Here is how:
1. Press on your "Phone" icon
2. Dial ##PROGRAM (##7764726) then press send
3. Enter SPC password enter in 000000 (six zeros)
4. Press Verify
5. Press on 04 Vocode
6. Change the voice code from EVRC to EVRC-B (if 2.0.1 13K to EVRC-B)
7. Press apply
8. Press your home button and couple seconds later your phone will restart[/QUOTE]

Not sure if its because im useing UD10, but this doesnt work on my Droid anymore. Now it actually tries to dial the number and rings.