1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Should I trade Droid for BB Tour???

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jamjr74, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

ok I have had the Droid for 5 days and it is pretty cool. I do hate how heavy it is and the call quality sucks!!!! I loved my old Curve 8330 and am thinking of maybe swapping my Droid for the Tour..... Any thoughts? Do you think call quality will improve after some updating?
  2. Another_Dude

Another_Dude New Member

My call quality (ear, speaker, bluetooth) is fine. I couldn't imagine getting used to the Droid and going back to a BB, but that's just me.
  3. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Dial *228 and then select option 2. This will update your tower list in your phone. Then see how the call quality is.
  4. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

jamjr74...it's all about personal preference. My opinion is that's it's a huge downgrade...I mean they don't call it the iPhone killer for nothing....good luck on your decision.
  5. Murz

Murz New Member

If your unhappy with your Droid I would take it back.
  6. jtcampbell

jtcampbell New Member

I had the Tour before I upgraded to the Moto Droid. The weight takes some getting used to at first, being that the Droid is a little heavier than most BB's, but over time you will adjust to that and it will not be a problem.

I've owned two BlackBerries, (Storm & Tour), and since I have got the Droid, I do not think that I would be happy downgrading back to a BB. For the simple fact that the Droid has so many more capabilities than any BB.

Though if your choice is to get a Tour, I can assure you that you will be satisfied with the phone. It is a good phone, and I never had any trouble out of it other than the occasional trackball getting dust in it and needing cleaning - which is typical with any BBerry, except for the newer ones that have the touchpad instead of trackball.

In my opinion, I would stay with the Droid. But if you do decide to go back to a BB, Tour would be my choice.

Good luck.
  7. jocko1960

jocko1960 New Member

I have both the Droid and the curve 8330. The BB seems so much slower than the Droid. I spend a lot of time looking at the hourglass when using it. Also I prefer the heft of the Droid but that's just a personal thing. Really liked the curve b4 I got the Droid but really noticed the speed difference after.
  8. lockman

lockman New Member

It'd be like trading a Porsche for a VW. Makes no sense. Its a downgrade. If you wait for the Nexus 1 to come to Verizon, you get less weight, still have a high end android phone. And you'll have a trackball like a BB.
  9. baniels

baniels New Member

Try THIS for call quality. I hope it works out for you.

The thought of trading my Droid for a BlackBerry makes me want to cry. :icon_ cry:
  10. diverbelow

diverbelow New Member

You can try to change the voice code. Here is how:
    1. Press on your "Phone" icon
    2. Dial ##PROGRAM (##7764726) then press send
    3. Enter SPC password enter in 000000 (six zeros)
    4. Press Verify
    5. Press on 04 Vocode
    6. Change the voice code from EVRC to EVRC-B (if 2.0.1 13K to EVRC-B)
    7. Press apply
    8. Press your home button and couple seconds later your phone will restart
  11. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Guys thanks for giving me some helpful feedback. I have decided to stick with My droid!!!! I must have been having a brain fart!!! I did the *228 so i hope it helps a little and I am sure I will get used to the weight!!!!! Your right the droid is the "it" phone right now and the Tour is kinda old by now. Thanks again!!!!
  12. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

I have seen this before but will it really help? Ive also read that evrc-b is not supported by all towers?
  13. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I'll give you our two old 8330 curves for your Droid :icon_ banana:
  14. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

ahhhhhh NO! haha
  15. Womp

Womp New Member

My wife wants to trade her Tour for a Droid now after being against it for months. Using the GPS on my Droid today while out for a drive won her over however.

It was my Tour until I upgraded to the Droid and there is no way in bloody hell I would or could ever go back to the world of Blackberry at this point. It has nothing to do with being the 'it' phone, but more of the fact that the functionality of it is well beyond anything I have gotten from being a previous BB owner.
  16. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Nope, too late. If you considered the swap, then you lost the privilege of having a droid!!!

Just kidding of course. I think you've made two very good decisions: 1) to purchase the droid in the first place and 2) to keep the droid. I've been using cell phones since we considered a 5 pound phone in a bag to be wonderful and I can tell you, this is the best. It's just about infinitely customizable. :icon_ banana:
  17. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

Funny thing my friend has been telling me that when she can upgrade in 2 weeks that she wants to get the tour, and ive been trying to convince her to get the DROID because well we all know that its better ;)

my thoughts are don't trade the droid for the bb tour because you will probably regret it and miss all of the customization possibilities that the droid gives to us :) not to mention the apps, games, etc.
  18. rage151

rage151 New Member

*228 option 2 updates the phones PRL (Preferred Roaming List). It simply selects which available network the phone should use when roaming. It does nothing to affect call quality if you stay on the Verizon network.
  19. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I'd suggest switching back to the Curve 8330 for 5 days. If you're happy then switch. If you come to your senses, well, at least you didn't waste any extra money. :D

J/K. Go with whatever you prefer. It's all about finding whatever suits you best unless you're just trying to fit in.
  20. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

I am so glad I decided to keep my Droid. Not sure what i was thinking!!!