Should I trade Droid for BB Tour???

jamjr74

Reaction score
ok I have had the Droid for 5 days and it is pretty cool. I do hate how heavy it is and the call quality sucks!!!! I loved my old Curve 8330 and am thinking of maybe swapping my Droid for the Tour..... Any thoughts? Do you think call quality will improve after some updating?

Another_Dude

Reaction score
My call quality (ear, speaker, bluetooth) is fine. I couldn't imagine getting used to the Droid and going back to a BB, but that's just me.

Darkseider

Reaction score
ok I have had the Droid for 5 days and it is pretty cool. I do hate how heavy it is and the call quality sucks!!!! I loved my old Curve 8330 and am thinking of maybe swapping my Droid for the Tour..... Any thoughts? Do you think call quality will improve after some updating?

Dial *228 and then select option 2. This will update your tower list in your phone. Then see how the call quality is.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
jamjr74...it's all about personal preference. My opinion is that's it's a huge downgrade...I mean they don't call it the iPhone killer for nothing....good luck on your decision.

jtcampbell

Reaction score
I had the Tour before I upgraded to the Moto Droid. The weight takes some getting used to at first, being that the Droid is a little heavier than most BB's, but over time you will adjust to that and it will not be a problem.

I've owned two BlackBerries, (Storm & Tour), and since I have got the Droid, I do not think that I would be happy downgrading back to a BB. For the simple fact that the Droid has so many more capabilities than any BB.

Though if your choice is to get a Tour, I can assure you that you will be satisfied with the phone. It is a good phone, and I never had any trouble out of it other than the occasional trackball getting dust in it and needing cleaning - which is typical with any BBerry, except for the newer ones that have the touchpad instead of trackball.

In my opinion, I would stay with the Droid. But if you do decide to go back to a BB, Tour would be my choice.

Good luck.

jocko1960

Reaction score
I have both the Droid and the curve 8330. The BB seems so much slower than the Droid. I spend a lot of time looking at the hourglass when using it. Also I prefer the heft of the Droid but that's just a personal thing. Really liked the curve b4 I got the Droid but really noticed the speed difference after.

lockman

Reaction score
It'd be like trading a Porsche for a VW. Makes no sense. Its a downgrade. If you wait for the Nexus 1 to come to Verizon, you get less weight, still have a high end android phone. And you'll have a trackball like a BB.

baniels

Reaction score
Try THIS for call quality. I hope it works out for you.

The thought of trading my Droid for a BlackBerry makes me want to cry. :icon_ cry:

diverbelow

Reaction score

You can try to change the voice code. Here is how:
1. Press on your "Phone" icon
2. Dial ##PROGRAM (##7764726) then press send
3. Enter SPC password enter in 000000 (six zeros)
4. Press Verify
5. Press on 04 Vocode
6. Change the voice code from EVRC to EVRC-B (if 2.0.1 13K to EVRC-B)
7. Press apply
8. Press your home button and couple seconds later your phone will restart

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
Guys thanks for giving me some helpful feedback. I have decided to stick with My droid!!!! I must have been having a brain fart!!! I did the *228 so i hope it helps a little and I am sure I will get used to the weight!!!!! Your right the droid is the "it" phone right now and the Tour is kinda old by now. Thanks again!!!!

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score

You can try to change the voice code. Here is how:
1. Press on your "Phone" icon
2. Dial ##PROGRAM (##7764726) then press send
3. Enter SPC password enter in 000000 (six zeros)
4. Press Verify
5. Press on 04 Vocode
6. Change the voice code from EVRC to EVRC-B (if 2.0.1 13K to EVRC-B)
7. Press apply
8. Press your home button and couple seconds later your phone will restart

I have seen this before but will it really help? Ive also read that evrc-b is not supported by all towers?

Womp

Reaction score
My wife wants to trade her Tour for a Droid now after being against it for months. Using the GPS on my Droid today while out for a drive won her over however.

It was my Tour until I upgraded to the Droid and there is no way in bloody hell I would or could ever go back to the world of Blackberry at this point. It has nothing to do with being the 'it' phone, but more of the fact that the functionality of it is well beyond anything I have gotten from being a previous BB owner.