1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Should I switch from my HTC Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by sonnl, Jun 15, 2011.

1. sonnl

sonnl New Member

I posted this same topic in the Droid Charge forum, I hope nobody minds but im also considering an X2.

Ive had the Thunderbolt since day one and I absolutely hate it. I dont feel like listing all my grievances about the phone, but lets just say if someone listed out every problem anyone's ever had with it, ever, my answer would be 'all of the above', with a heavy heavy emphasis on battery life (3.5 hours) Im on the phone with verizon nearly every single week now, and every week im told to just factory reset the phone, which has been done so many times that ive actually stopped installing apps and customizing this that im just gonna have to do next week anyway, Ive also gone through 2 of these already as well. So anyway, apparently verizon might FINALLY, give me a new phone, and im wondering if this one is worth it. Everything ive read on it makes it sound so great, but then again if you look up a review of the Thunderbolt you get the same bs. I hate the idea of going to an older model verizon phone, just because im ocd about having the latest technology and this is my first verizon phone, Id feel a bit cheated. So what do you guys think so far?

Also I want to point out that I care nothing for 4G, im in a 4G area maybe twice a month, and IMO 3G seems to work faster.
  2. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Get an inc2

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
  3. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

If you don't care about 4g, i think the x2 is the best phone on the market. Forums are going to have more hatred than praise for phones, but this phone is great. It's fast and the battery life is great. 50% battery life left and I had Pandora on for about an hour today.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  4. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

Not the X2, the pentile qHD screen is the worst thing ever, it's nothing but pixels and problems. I say if you can wait theres some nice phones coming out, the Droid 3 and Bionic, and others

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. tc3

tc3 New Member

I'm switching as soon as my new phone gets here. On my 4th thunderbolt and all have the same ridiculous problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  6. slick70

slick70 New Member

I have an X2, it's ok at best. It's easily rooted but with a locked bootloader I regret not getting a Samsung or LG. I will never get another Moto device as long as they continue to lock up the device. The X2 it quick and battery life is better than the thunderbolt but not great by any means. The screen is pretty crappy and gets filthy and blurry quite easily. It is a pretty snappy phone though! The dual core processors rock. In the end I would wait as long as you can for a new phone and avoid the Moto X2!
  7. Zetsumei

Zetsumei New Member

I have a rooted x2 and it blew the OC thunderbolt that I had. You'll see say it's laggy etc, but that isn't true in the slightest. I'm a pretty heavy power user and demand alot from my phone and haven't been disappointed once. The display is crisp and sharp, just people QQing about the pentile display. It's a very bright display and there are no viewing issues outdoors. I'm pretty sure people that complain about pentile are also the ones complaining about ANYTHING that isn't AMOLED and above. Also there have been a few announcements that moto will no longer release devices with locked boot loaders. Also they will work on unlocking current devices as well. IF this is true it is a welcome change for sure.
  8. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

I agree. It ain't no Thunderbolt, but it gets the job done. I've had Pandora running for 2 hr and I still had around 80%.. not to mention my network kept going in and out. (Not because of the phone, I was driving through valleys and mountains )
  9. stronggeek

stronggeek New Member

But I thought the droid 3 was going to have a pentile display.

You don't like pentile yet you say wait for droid 3...huh?
  10. yutzybrian

yutzybrian New Member

Charge > X2 in my opinion. And I've used both phones. Wasn't at all thrilled with the X2
  11. Zetsumei

Zetsumei New Member

Not dissing on the Charge, but in terms of sheer performance the X2 ****s on it. Only thing that Charge has going for it imo is the Super AMOLED + display.
  12. yutzybrian

yutzybrian New Member

Meh the dual core actually didn't do that much. Was majorly disappointed. Haven't had a single issue with my Charge
  13. Zetsumei

Zetsumei New Member

For me I noticed pretty large differences when doing more intensive processes. Main test I did was load up the Engadget website with FULL flash on at all times. The charge was unresponsive even froze several times when the page was flung down stuttered as well. The x2 ate through that page like a champ, no freezing, responsive all the way , and no micro stuttering. Both on 3G connection and on Miren browser.
  14. MrWilliams

MrWilliams New Member

I don't get why there's so much hatred towards the screen on the X2. I think it's superb!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  15. Zetsumei

Zetsumei New Member

Cause to some people Pentile displays are rage inspiring apparently. I just say if you can't deal with it, go get super amoled + pznerd.
  16. psouza4

psouza4 New Member

The PenTile display does suck -- a lot. I've considered returning my X2 on solely that basis. Most texts and block gradients are very, very noticeable (coming from an original Droid). Take the 'R' in the icon for Root Explorer, for example. It's yellow/red checkerboard instead of orange.

I knew this going into the X2 but figure for a $35 restocking fee, I could send it back if I hated on it... and trying hard not to, but where the screen is concerned it's probably the worst one out there (of any mid-to-high end phone).

I'm forcing myself to keep the X2 for at least a week and experience the entirety of what this phone offers. So far I'm liking quite a bit of it (rooted, hacked out MotoBlur, etc.) -- very fast and full of nerdgasm, but it shouldn't be overlooked that the PenTile display is a major fail (and yes, the Droid 3 is going to have it too unless they change specs at the last moment).

-my two cents
  17. Zetsumei

Zetsumei New Member

To each their own. I came from a super amoled + display and I have no issues w/ the pentile display. Yes the colors aren't as vibrant, but to me it gives that nice "natural" look. The pixel density is sharp and crisp on all games/sites that I browse. It also helps w/ battery life (or so I've heard) so I'm all for it. I am pretty anal about displays(2 30 inch monitors for my gaming rig sup) and the quality of the displays, but I do fine the display on the X2 quite nice.
Search tags for this page

how can i switch from a droidx2 to htc thunderbolt

is the droid x2 better than htc thunderbolt?