Should I switch from my HTC Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by sonnl, Jun 15, 2011.

1. sonnl

sonnl New Member

Ive had the Thunderbolt since day one and I absolutely hate it. I dont feel like listing all my grievances about the phone, but lets just say if someone listed out every problem anyone's ever had with it, ever, my answer would be 'all of the above', with a heavy heavy emphasis on battery life (3.5 hours) Im on the phone with verizon nearly every single week now, and every week im told to just factory reset the phone, which has been done so many times that ive actually stopped installing apps and customizing this that im just gonna have to do next week anyway, Ive also gone through 2 of these already as well. So anyway, apparently verizon might FINALLY, give me a new phone, and im wondering if this one is worth it. Everything ive read on it makes it sound so great, but then again if you look up a review of the Thunderbolt you get the same bs. I hate the idea of going to an older model verizon phone, just because im ocd about having the latest technology and this is my first verizon phone, Id feel a bit cheated. So what do you guys think so far?

Also I want to point out that I care nothing for 4G, im in a 4G area maybe twice a month, and IMO 3G seems to work faster.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I think the Charge is an all around good phone but...the ram memory is lower than TB and the processor is a little slower. It essentially has the same processor and ram as Fascinate. But I wouldn't call it slow. You may notice a little lag coming from a TB. I would go to the store and try it out. I think its a great phone, but I would prolly not get it for myself, because my Fascinate freezes sometimes do to low ram and I do not want more of the same. The Charge has some great merrits though: battery life, screen, hdmi mirroring, development.
  3. ajb3985

ajb3985 New Member

Since u dont care for 4g then id get the droid x2. Thr charge is a great phone though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I would get the inc2 over the x2

Sent from my fascinate
  5. Rcyphermd

Rcyphermd New Member

I have had both and love the charge. I sold my Tb and three batteries! It took that many to get through a day!. Charge has a gorgeous screen, lightweight and much better battery life. I use go launcher and dolphin and have no lag. I am pretty sure this processor is updated. no more brick in my pocket!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  6. Droid noob

Droid noob New Member

If you like the bolts htc setup, the incredible 2 is identical. That's the only similarity. Dinc2 is also smaller and doesn't have the cheap looking buttons. Only buttons it has are volume and power. I've had the Dinc2 tested against the bolt and charge and the speed difference isn't enough to justify all the issues the 4g phones are having

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2
  7. experiment626

experiment626 New Member

I'd switch to the Charge. Just having a stock menu on/off switch for LTE is a big plus.
  8. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I'd second that - it's like a reliable Bolt, smaller, and solid battery life. Though I do like the X2 as well...
  9. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I had the dx2 had many issues rebooting itself, freezing, changing pages on me and many others had the same issues. I took mine back and got the droid charge its a good phone it to freezes at times and I dont care for the speakers when on slacker radio infact I was thinking about taking it back for the thunder bolt what do you think ( ram etc.) I would love the dx2 if it werent for it being a lemon ive heard others that love it the speakers were much better sounding than on the charge.
  10. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Id from what ive heard and I may get some flack over this but stay far, far away from the thunderbolt. From what I ve been looking at the Charge has been the highest rated 4G phone out of the three that are out now.
  11. 305rev305

305rev305 New Member

If u just want a good reliable phone with a great battery life and don't care for 4g, then go with the iPhone. I've come to the conclusion that Android gives us openness and customization and 4g BUT it won't beat the reliability of the iPhone. This is coming from an TB owner.
  12. gthotie5

gthotie5 New Member

DX2 all the way

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  13. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 New Member

It's funny, I had the Iphone 3G, 3GS and 4 and I used to think the screens were so great. After the Charge it's really hard to look at an Iphone screen again. My son was over with his Iphone today and the speed of the Charge put the Iphone to shame.
  14. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

They're not known for reliability actually...
  15. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

heh. apple better come up with a major revamp to their (is it 2 years old now?) proprietary display tech because Samsung has had the whole game beaten with their s-amoled+ screens for months now. I honestly think i may end up with a samsung phone when my upgrade comes around next year.
Search tags for this page

i hate my htc thunderbolt