Should I switch from my HTC Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by sonnl, Jun 15, 2011.

1. sonnl

sonnl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had the Thunderbolt since day one and I absolutely hate it. I dont feel like listing all my grievances about the phone, but lets just say if someone listed out every problem anyone's ever had with it, ever, my answer would be 'all of the above', with a heavy heavy emphasis on battery life (3.5 hours) Im on the phone with verizon nearly every single week now, and every week im told to just factory reset the phone, which has been done so many times that ive actually stopped installing apps and customizing this that im just gonna have to do next week anyway, Ive also gone through 2 of these already as well. So anyway, apparently verizon might FINALLY, give me a new phone, and im wondering if this one is worth it. Everything ive read on it makes it sound so great, but then again if you look up a review of the Thunderbolt you get the same bs. I hate the idea of going to an older model verizon phone, just because im ocd about having the latest technology and this is my first verizon phone, Id feel a bit cheated. So what do you guys think so far?

Also I want to point out that I care nothing for 4G, im in a 4G area maybe twice a month, and IMO 3G seems to work faster.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I think the Charge is an all around good phone but...the ram memory is lower than TB and the processor is a little slower. It essentially has the same processor and ram as Fascinate. But I wouldn't call it slow. You may notice a little lag coming from a TB. I would go to the store and try it out. I think its a great phone, but I would prolly not get it for myself, because my Fascinate freezes sometimes do to low ram and I do not want more of the same. The Charge has some great merrits though: battery life, screen, hdmi mirroring, development.

3. sonnl

sonnl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this same topic in the Droid Charge forum, I hope nobody minds but im also considering an X2.

Ive had the Thunderbolt since day one and I absolutely hate it. I dont feel like listing all my grievances about the phone, but lets just say if someone listed out every problem anyone's ever had with it, ever, my answer would be 'all of the above', with a heavy heavy emphasis on battery life (3.5 hours) Im on the phone with verizon nearly every single week now, and every week im told to just factory reset the phone, which has been done so many times that ive actually stopped installing apps and customizing this that im just gonna have to do next week anyway, Ive also gone through 2 of these already as well. So anyway, apparently verizon might FINALLY, give me a new phone, and im wondering if this one is worth it. Everything ive read on it makes it sound so great, but then again if you look up a review of the Thunderbolt you get the same bs. I hate the idea of going to an older model verizon phone, just because im ocd about having the latest technology and this is my first verizon phone, Id feel a bit cheated. So what do you guys think so far?

Also I want to point out that I care nothing for 4G, im in a 4G area maybe twice a month, and IMO 3G seems to work faster.

4. devinhfox

devinhfox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Get an inc2

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

5. p1ngputts

p1ngputts Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If you don't care about 4g, i think the x2 is the best phone on the market. Forums are going to have more hatred than praise for phones, but this phone is great. It's fast and the battery life is great. 50% battery life left and I had Pandora on for about an hour today.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  6. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not the X2, the pentile qHD screen is the worst thing ever, it's nothing but pixels and problems. I say if you can wait theres some nice phones coming out, the Droid 3 and Bionic, and others

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

7. tc3

tc3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm switching as soon as my new phone gets here. On my 4th thunderbolt and all have the same ridiculous problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

8. slick70

slick70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an X2, it's ok at best. It's easily rooted but with a locked bootloader I regret not getting a Samsung or LG. I will never get another Moto device as long as they continue to lock up the device. The X2 it quick and battery life is better than the thunderbolt but not great by any means. The screen is pretty crappy and gets filthy and blurry quite easily. It is a pretty snappy phone though! The dual core processors rock. In the end I would wait as long as you can for a new phone and avoid the Moto X2!

9. ajb3985

ajb3985 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Since u dont care for 4g then id get the droid x2. Thr charge is a great phone though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

10. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I would get the inc2 over the x2

Sent from my fascinate

11. Rcyphermd

Rcyphermd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had both and love the charge. I sold my Tb and three batteries! It took that many to get through a day!. Charge has a gorgeous screen, lightweight and much better battery life. I use go launcher and dolphin and have no lag. I am pretty sure this processor is updated. no more brick in my pocket!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

12. Droid noob

Droid noob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you like the bolts htc setup, the incredible 2 is identical. That's the only similarity. Dinc2 is also smaller and doesn't have the cheap looking buttons. Only buttons it has are volume and power. I've had the Dinc2 tested against the bolt and charge and the speed difference isn't enough to justify all the issues the 4g phones are having

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

13. Zetsumei

Zetsumei Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a rooted x2 and it blew the OC thunderbolt that I had. You'll see say it's laggy etc, but that isn't true in the slightest. I'm a pretty heavy power user and demand alot from my phone and haven't been disappointed once. The display is crisp and sharp, just people QQing about the pentile display. It's a very bright display and there are no viewing issues outdoors. I'm pretty sure people that complain about pentile are also the ones complaining about ANYTHING that isn't AMOLED and above. Also there have been a few announcements that moto will no longer release devices with locked boot loaders. Also they will work on unlocking current devices as well. IF this is true it is a welcome change for sure.

14. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree. It ain't no Thunderbolt, but it gets the job done. I've had Pandora running for 2 hr and I still had around 80%.. not to mention my network kept going in and out. (Not because of the phone, I was driving through valleys and mountains )

15. stronggeek

stronggeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But I thought the droid 3 was going to have a pentile display.

You don't like pentile yet you say wait for droid 3...huh?

Search tags for this page

i hate my htc thunderbolt