should i sell my unlocked d2g?

thelight

Reaction score
hi
since non of codes ive entered didnt work, i wanted to b advised if i should send back phone to seller or wait for some kinda hack that might b soon?
thx

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hi
since non of codes ive entered didnt work, i wanted to b advised if i should send back phone to seller or wait for some kinda hack that might b soon?
thx

Wouldn't mind trying to offer some advice, but will need a translation first: what are the "codes" to which you are referring? In other words, what have you tried to do that the phone would not do?

OP
T

thelight

Reaction score
hi
thx

Wouldn't mind trying to offer some advice, but will need a translation first: what are the "codes" to which you are referring? In other words, what have you tried to do that the phone would not do?

thx for ur reply.
ive sent imei to an unlock seller from ebay order to unlock gsm network (not based in the us) the codes didnt work. error msg sayed "network unlock request unsuccessful". the phone seller which i bought from ebay promised the phone is unlocked but it aint so. in a few days 30 days will b over and i wont b able to resend it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not following this right but when you unlock a phone that makes it available for use on networks that it wouldn't ordinarily be used on. For example a lot of people would unlock the Blackberry Storm and use it on AT&T.

So, are you thinking that by putting in the unlock code you would just access GSM and you don't have a company you're purchasing service from?

OP
T

thelight

Reaction score
i do have contract and sim card. should i approach my carrier?
as far as i know, there r some codes provided that r not working..

btw- the phone is from vsw, but bought it on ebay

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i do have contract and sim card. should i approach my carrier?
as far as i know, there r some codes provided that r not working..

btw- the phone is from vsw, but bought it on ebay

Well, if you're with Verizon then it should be as simple as dialing *228 option 1 and transferring your service from your old phone to the new one. The only thing that would stop that would be a bad ESN.

I''m sorry, I'm still lost about the code…..that's not making sense (to me).

OP
T

thelight

Reaction score
im not a verizon costumer. am living in europe and my carrier is a gsm band. when inserting the sim card im being refer to SIM network unlock pin

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
im not a verizon costumer. am living in europe and my carrier is a gsm band. when inserting the sim card im being refer to SIM network unlock pin

OK, now it all makes sense. But you probably do need the correct code which you don't have. I'd ask my provider, all they can do is say no.

OP
T

thelight

Reaction score
thx for ur help. ive actually called vzw but in order to activate it i need to b a customer. should i post u the imei of the phone?
this is so frustrating since i like this phone..