should I root?

drakerocksu

Reaction score
I just got this yesterday and I love it except it is hard to use with one hand but should I root the only thing so far that I've wanted to get was beats audio but idk what are the other perks?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Unless you are wanting to put a different ROM or something on the phone, there's really no need to root any longer since you can disable most of the bloat.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I just got this yesterday and I love it except it is hard to use with one hand but should I root the only thing so far that I've wanted to get was beats audio but idk what are the other perks?

Having the ability to block ads in the browser is one of the many reasons I root. This is done through adfree (which is an app), or by installing your own host file.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
When it comes to your system, jackie is right in that there's no reason to root other than ROMs. When it comes to apps, there's total reason too. Especially these days, a lot of apps have specialized settings only accessible with root. And you have AdAway of course, which removes ALL in-app ads no matter the app. Or apps like Titanium Backup, which require root to backup/restore.

tc1

Reaction score

Beats audio is way way overrated.... I have an HTC rezound and I never use it.