Should I root to Froyo?

Markmm24

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading up on rooting and practically decided I was going to root until I saw a post about froyo coming out on the 22nd. Im going to wait til then but if out does come out then im not sure if I should keep the update or root.suggestions/opinions please? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

vi3tboiii54

Reaction score
ya i was contemplating on root now or waiting for the OTA update but I didnt have the patience so I rooted with clockwork mod recovery with voodoo which increase the performance drastically. In other words rooting gives u freedom to access to your system customizing different areas of it such as themes, boot up animations, getting rid of bloatware and the list goes on.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
ya i was contemplating on root now or waiting for the OTA update but I didnt have the patience so I rooted with clockwork mod recovery with voodoo which increase the performance drastically. In other words rooting gives u freedom to access to your system customizing different areas of it such as themes, boot up animations, getting rid of bloatware and the list goes on.

+1

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
I really wanna root but I really have no clue wat I'm getting into.i don't even understand half the terms people use on the fascinate development part of the forum.im thinking about getting my friend to do it for me for ten bucks but he had the DInc and I doubt he would do it.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I really wanna root but I really have no clue wat I'm getting into.i don't even understand half the terms people use on the fascinate development part of the forum.im thinking about getting my friend to do it for me for ten bucks but he had the DInc and I doubt he would do it.

go into the development portion if this thread and you will find a great, great how to posts. Its simple once you get all the toys. You never get the meaning of a book by listening in on a conversation for 30 seconds.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

ziggy484

Reaction score

Rooting/flashing can get you into alot of trouble if you dont know what your doing... i suggest reading the forums for like a month, then decide. And is your friend really gonna charge you $10? It takes like five minutes

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
I've been reading up on the development part of this forum and was planning on following the directions to root to super clean EB01 2.1 with froyo and clockwork mod.the directions are pretty clear and I'm up to it.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Sorry I never said this In the previous post but that post for the directions for rooting was posted by tapout.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Sorry I never said this In the previous post but that post for the directions for rooting was posted by tapout.

I'm running the 2.4 version. So don't sell yourself short getting 2.1.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Are there any main differences like performance or something between the two? Sorry I'm new to all this.

vi3tboiii54

Reaction score
Are there any main differences like performance or something between the two? Sorry I'm new to all this.

have you read the newbie guide to rooting yet?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ent/79811-newbie-guide-rooting-fascinate.html

Anyways what hes referring to is the custom ROM EB01 Super Clean created by Adrynalyne from android central. The difference is that he starting from the base EB01 stock he took out most bloatware (vzw crap), de-binged browser/search, fixed some bugs, added some neat widgets, latest market (2.3.2), accurate battery meter added, 5 different lockscreens and so on. Version 2.4 of this rom is the latest 2.5 is underway. Heres the link to the 2.4 superclean package rar file just follow all the instructions on tapouts post. To extract this file use 7-zip (free online software download). Be sure to backup contacts, apps, etc.

Super Clean version 2.4 - EB01 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING -->EB01SC24_DXC.tar (Does not include boot animation so be patient while it loads)

Jamis0n

Reaction score

Google super clean 2.4 xda.
There are comments from each version.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

ezas

Fascinate Rescue Squad
Reaction score

There is nothing wrong with being new. But this question shows you are not ready to root. If you are asking this than you are not understanding what rooting is and isn't.

Do you know what version of firmware you are on? Do you know an OTA from a ROM. Do you know the difference between blue/green/red CWM recovery? Do you know what CWM is? Do you understand the difference between Dl09/Dl30/EB01? If someone said "boot recovery" would you know what they are talking about?

If not

Please do yourself a favor, do the reading. Know WHY you want to root, and what you hope to gain. Rooting itself does nothing but give you access to locked/hidden parts of your phone's operating system.

No one can give you the knowledge, you have to wade through the forums until the terminology starts to make sense. There are many good guides to rooting/flashing in the various forums to get you started

I don't think much of your friend wanting to charge your $10 to root your phone for you. A) it only takes a couple of minutes, and B) unless he has been keeping up with changes with the Fascinate he may try to use a method that no longer works.

People are willing to help you, but show us you are ready to be helped, and that means understanding what you are setting out to do.

Vandy343

Reaction score
Tell your friend to not be stingy and do it for you. I did 2 of my friends and installed gingerbread for them. And rooted one of my teachers so he could tether its fun to me. But I don't see why not I own a OG droid and gingerbread made my phone fly faster than most froyo roms and that's just stock gingerbread. So I don't see why froyo wouldn't do the same for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Ok ezas,i appreciate your input but when I asked that I know it came out wrong. I understand the concept that each version fixes bugs and adds more features and so on.i was trying to ask if I would be missing out on anything really big.i could care less what version I have.and I wasn't just going to go ahead and dive head first into rooting.I'm just getting an opinion.and for all those terms you asked me about: if you had asked me about all of those terms a week ago I would have been clueless.but now I could answer half of those questions.I'm learning.you didn't have to go all nerdy on me like that.