Should I return my phone?

jonnyhxc

Reaction score
hey everyone i searched the forum and didn't see any results for my problem. The phone application has frozen on me twice. The phone rings but the screen stays black and doesn't let me answer it. After a few seconds, a box pops up asking me to wait or force close. Also, my phone turned off the other day and i plugged it in and it would not reboot for about 20 minutes. Other than this I have no major issues, just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

PhoneSter

Reaction score
if your under the 30 day warranty, trade it in... I've never had the issue, but others may have?? good luck

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you installed ANY programs yet or did this happen out of the box? If you've already started installing apps perform a factory reset first. Then observe the phone for a day or so. There are a good deal of programs (or conflicts between various programs) that account for most of the problems people have. If it's doing this OOTB and/or after a factory reset then return the phone.

OP
J

jonnyhxc

Reaction score
did the reset still happens here and there. went to the verizon store and apparently they are aware of this and that a software update is the only solution. I think they didnt want to cough up another phone. ive also had the phone over 30 days

droider4life

Reaction score
Got insurance???? I've never had this problem with mine... I think ur right they are being tight wodds!!!!

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score
my phone does the same thing! It rings but you cant pick it up. I dont even know whos calling so after I click force close, i try to see who called me and it doesnt even show. Its wackk. Doesnt happen often to me but i remember it happening at least twice already.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you installed ANY programs yet or did this happen out of the box? If you've already started installing apps perform a factory reset first. Then observe the phone for a day or so. There are a good deal of programs (or conflicts between various programs) that account for most of the problems people have. If it's doing this OOTB and/or after a factory reset then return the phone.

+1
10 char