Should I really have to do this?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by powell730, Nov 24, 2010.

1. powell730

powell730 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Should I really have to turn my brightness as low as it goes to make an attempt at saving my battery a little on my fascinate? Part of the reason why I got this phone was for the beautiful screen and now it looks like a regular old phone cuz there is no brightness at all!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

2. Madwicket

Madwicket New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really don't know what your doing but I can go a day and a half without charging and I use my phone alot. Look into some other areas of your phone to see if it isn't something else eating your battery life.

3. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, auto-brightness & allowing the system to manage the power to the screen should save plenty of juice and allow you to go at least a full day with med/heavy use.

4. Njn92

Njn92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I set mine at low and its not a big problem the screen is still bright when set at the lowest setting.

5. MSPRO

MSPRO New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I set mine to low/med brightness and use it off and on but the battery lasts at most 6-7 hours. It says that the display is using 80% of the power most of the time even though I am not using it that much. My husband has the same phone and uses it more then I do and he can go at least a day without having to recharge, I on the other hand have to plug in multiple times a day. :(

6. powell730

powell730 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I'm always having to plug my phone in. I have about 11 services running in the background and even when I close them they always come back. The biggest hog is a program I downloaded tho and it is only 10mb. The rest are just a few mb a piece. Idk what the deal is...

7. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    You might want to try wiping your battery stats & then recalibrating it. On & off the charger w/o letting it fully charge can sometimes cause the charging circuit to lose track of the battery's actual level which can prevent it from ever fully charging, as I understand it.

8. powell730

powell730 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How would I go about doing this?

9. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I believe you have to be rooted first then you can use supermanager(free) or root explorer to find it or I think you can use clockworkmod recovery as well.

10. narusmith1

narusmith1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure Wifi, GPS, anad Bluetooth are turned off if you are not using them. Hope this helps.

11. powell730

powell730 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm now rooted and have frozen some bloatware.. I have downloaded supermanager but can't find out how to wipe the battery stats or recalibrate it. Anyone have any exerpience with this?

12. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    The battery stats are found in data/system folder. The file is the batterystats.bin file & you can just delete it. But only do this after you have fully charged your battery. SystemPanel lite from the market is a pretty good task/system manager & it tracks the battery state really well. Once you wipe this file, use the phone till it dies, charge it completely while its off (at least 6 hrs), unplug it, power it up & plug it back in until it says its fully charged then unplug it and repeat the process. That should resync the battery & the software.

Search tags for this page

narusmith1

samsung sch-i500 thinks it's plugged in