Should I really have to do this?

powell730

Reaction score
Should I really have to turn my brightness as low as it goes to make an attempt at saving my battery a little on my fascinate? Part of the reason why I got this phone was for the beautiful screen and now it looks like a regular old phone cuz there is no brightness at all!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Madwicket

Reaction score
Not really don't know what your doing but I can go a day and a half without charging and I use my phone alot. Look into some other areas of your phone to see if it isn't something else eating your battery life.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Yeah, auto-brightness & allowing the system to manage the power to the screen should save plenty of juice and allow you to go at least a full day with med/heavy use.

Njn92

Reaction score
I set mine at low and its not a big problem the screen is still bright when set at the lowest setting.

MSPRO

Reaction score
I set mine to low/med brightness and use it off and on but the battery lasts at most 6-7 hours. It says that the display is using 80% of the power most of the time even though I am not using it that much. My husband has the same phone and uses it more then I do and he can go at least a day without having to recharge, I on the other hand have to plug in multiple times a day. :(

OP
P

powell730

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm always having to plug my phone in. I have about 11 services running in the background and even when I close them they always come back. The biggest hog is a program I downloaded tho and it is only 10mb. The rest are just a few mb a piece. Idk what the deal is...

garywojdan81

Reaction score
You might want to try wiping your battery stats & then recalibrating it. On & off the charger w/o letting it fully charge can sometimes cause the charging circuit to lose track of the battery's actual level which can prevent it from ever fully charging, as I understand it.

OP
P

powell730

Reaction score
You might want to try wiping your battery stats & then recalibrating it.

How would I go about doing this?

garywojdan81

Reaction score
I believe you have to be rooted first then you can use supermanager(free) or root explorer to find it or I think you can use clockworkmod recovery as well.

narusmith1

Reaction score
Make sure Wifi, GPS, anad Bluetooth are turned off if you are not using them. Hope this helps.

OP
P

powell730

Reaction score
You might want to try wiping your battery stats & then recalibrating it. On & off the charger w/o letting it fully charge can sometimes cause the charging circuit to lose track of the battery's actual level which can prevent it from ever fully charging, as I understand it.

I'm now rooted and have frozen some bloatware.. I have downloaded supermanager but can't find out how to wipe the battery stats or recalibrate it. Anyone have any exerpience with this?

garywojdan81

Reaction score
The battery stats are found in data/system folder. The file is the batterystats.bin file & you can just delete it. But only do this after you have fully charged your battery. SystemPanel lite from the market is a pretty good task/system manager & it tracks the battery state really well. Once you wipe this file, use the phone till it dies, charge it completely while its off (at least 6 hrs), unplug it, power it up & plug it back in until it says its fully charged then unplug it and repeat the process. That should resync the battery & the software.