Should I keep my DROID X or trade it for a DROID 2 Global?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Zackbushy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Zackbushy

Zackbushy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so do you like the droid 2 global or the droid x better? I still cannot decide on the :motdroidhoriz: 2g or the :motdroidhoriz: x

2. dxgeek35

dxgeek35 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm 15 also and I love my dx but I did root it and I change roms about 2 times a week

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3. silver6054

silver6054 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure what more you want! As others have said, it is largely a matter of personal preference. Now if everyone here was saying "Don't get the [whichever] because it has these 10 horrible problems" then you would know, but now you are asking the preferences of people you don't know and therefore can't really evaluate the advice!

Droid X: Big screen, more modding by the community
    Droid 2 Global: Keyboard, higher clock speed (but the X can be overclocked). And of course GSM but you don't plan to use that.

You decide by trying out the D2G since you already know the X.

4. dxgeek35

dxgeek35 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What do you mean leave the advanced devices to the adults? I'm 15 and probly know the same or more than most adults

5. Zackbushy

Zackbushy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you wish you got the d2g?

6. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Ive had the d2g about a month and love it. Only complaint I have is the lack of roms and the battery life. This is my first "smartphone" and first thing I did when I got it was start customizing it. Im 18 and use my phone as a mp3 player between/during class and still get about 10 hrs battery with fission, setcpu, and juice defender. However, this is after coming from an Alias that I only had to charge about every other day even with heavy use.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

7. OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My $0.02 is keep the DX. Way more things you can currently do with it. I was like you, I was opposed to non-hardware keyboard phones. My DX is the first phone I've owned with only a touchscreen keyboard. I'm hooked now. Besides, turn the DX to the side and the keyboard is just as large or larger than most keyboard on any phone.

DX on rubiX Focused 1.9.7 / GB Blue / 1.45GHz SULV via DF app

8. robotsandwrestlers

robotsandwrestlers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I could trade you my D2G for your DX. SwiftKey's predictive text is so good I'd be fine with the DX. Way more ROMs for the DX!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

9. draexo

draexo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I chose to get the Droid 2. Verizon stopped selling them so I ended up with the Droid 2 Global. My SOLE decision on getting this phone was the physical keyboard.

Now, I have access to my wife's X. I do not like the size... a hair too large to stuff in my pocket all day long. Whereas she has a pocketbook and a car dash mount, I put my in my pocket.

There are few Android phones with the physical keyboard. If there was not an option for physical keyboard, I would have looked at the HTC Incredible or the Samsung Fascinate in addition to the Droid X.

I am understanding now that the HTC is very modifiable, and being someone who likes to "tinker" I might lean towards that phone if something happened and I had to replace my current phone.

Battery life: With WiFi, GPS, and Bluetooth OFF, and turning on just the CDMA network, I make it through a day. I purchased the extended battery and now I definately make it through a day.

10. HelpeRX

HelpeRX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting

I have a dx and love it I would stick wit that. It is very interesting now to see 15 year olds get data phone lol. I remember when I was in like 8th grade everyone had a phone but me and after begging I got something from T-mobile. Now Im 20 and barely got a data plan phone. Even now if my college grades lack they will take it away lol =P. I am a broke college student so I dont pay for anything.

11. draexo

draexo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorta getting used to my wife's X and it is not that bad if you turn the screen sideways and get the larger keyboard. Wishing I had waited for the Bionic. They announced if a week after I got my D2G.
    My desire for an iPhone has greatly decreased .... I like having two devices.
    (Ipod and smartphone).

12. douglasman100

douglasman100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had that same choice but my bro got the droid x and i got d2g we both love them and plus we can trade off if we felt like it so its all gooddancedroid