Should I Go back to GO?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Ever since upgrading my phone to the JellyBean XMAS leak, I've been using it as stock. Prior to it, I was using the GO Launcher. The main feature I loved about it, was GO Notifications EX, seeing a red bubble with a number next to it on my Text, Phone and other applications indicating the number of messages waiting for me to see.

GO is probably a big battery hog, but it's that functionality that I miss.

Should I go back to GO or is there something else nowadays that will do the same thing for me?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ever since upgrading my phone to the JellyBean XMAS leak, I've been using it as stock. Prior to it, I was using the GO Launcher. The main feature I loved about it, was GO Notifications EX, seeing a red bubble with a number next to it on my Text, Phone and other applications indicating the number of messages waiting for me to see.

GO is probably a big battery hog, but it's that functionality that I miss.

Should I go back to GO or is there something else nowadays that will do the same thing for me?
Apex has the same function if you also download the add-on that enables "waiting" email, phone calls and text messages. From my experience Apex launcher uses much less battery...I've had both and chose Apex because of its size (smaller in terms of file size), functionality and uses much less battery.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nova has the notification as well.. Apex and Nova are top notch...

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

flik623

Reaction score
I prefer nova prime(paid version) over apex but both are very good

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Apex has the same function if you also download the add-on that enables "waiting" email, phone calls and text messages. From my experience Apex launcher uses much less battery...I've had both and chose Apex because of its size (smaller in terms of file size), functionality and uses much less battery.

Nova has the notification as well.. Apex and Nova are top notch...

I prefer nova prime(paid version) over apex but both are very good
Can I get screen shots of both NOVA (Prime) and Apex WITH the functionality I'm describing from GO Notifications EX? I don't quite remember what GO Notifications EX notifies you with, if it's just limited to calling/texting or also includes things like E-mail programs and Facebook. That would be nice, too.

I may wait just a little longer. It seems like the soak test for JB is starting. I don't know what impact that will have if I upgrade now.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use GO and don't think its a huge battery hog but that is me. I wish stock would have more options for home launchers. I will have to look at those other launchers mentioned.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nova has small badge counts .. I get them for Email.. Gtalk.. Gmail.. Sms..
e7yqyze2.jpg

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I am trying Nova and its nice! Definitely smoother then Go and if I get the paid app it looks to have almost all the same features. :biggrin: