1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Should I get the OTA Update?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MapleSh0sh0, Jul 22, 2010.

1. MapleSh0sh0

MapleSh0sh0 New Member

I unrooted my Droid to Stock 2.0.1 and now I received an update notification. I'm assuming its the 2.1 update, should I install or do it later? Which is easier to root, 2.0.1 or 2.1?
  2. microsnook

microsnook New Member

Just go to a froyo rom :)

Stay rooted.
  3. akstyle450

akstyle450 New Member

im why exactly are you still on 2.0.1??
    and i just re-rooted mine 2 days ago and it took no time at all
  4. MapleSh0sh0

MapleSh0sh0 New Member

I think I'll update to 2.1 and then go to Froyo 2.2 ... is it good?
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

If you update to 2.1 using the official OTA update, you will lose root. If you don't care about root access, then sure go to 2.1 . 2.2 OTA is allegedly close to being released. I have heard August 7th...but we all know how that goes.

Basically if you want to keep root, keep it. Go get yourself a Froyo ROM, and enjoy. If you don't want to keep root, apply the update.
  6. MapleSh0sh0

MapleSh0sh0 New Member

Alrighty, thanks! :)

Btw, I ended up getting a 2.2 Froyo ROM on my Droid and am now testing and messing with it. It seems stable and fun!!

I'm looking into Overclocking to 800Mhz-1.0Ghz. Any suggestions? I also want to monitor my CPU temp's just incase! Pls Help if you know anything.

Kyle
  7. christim

christim Super Moderator

SetCPU lets you monitor temps.
    My biggest suggestion is to back up your phone. Then you can try a kernel and if you don't like it just restore what you backed up. Each phone's chip is a little different so while a 1.1ghz overclock might work fine on one phone another might top out at 900mhz. Most I think do fine at 1ghz.

You might do better looking at various roms and seeing what speed kernels come with them. You can always swap them out but sometimes it is easier to just take the kernel that is preloaded with the rom. Each rom's install/anouncement thread tends to cover that info.
  8. MapleSh0sh0

MapleSh0sh0 New Member

Alright, I'm on Stock 2.1-update1 currently. Can you send me a link to the latest Bugless Beast ROM? And Does it come pre-loaded with overclocking to 1.1 or 1.0Ghz? Thanks. I know how to root easily over and over again haha.
Search tags for this page

if phone is rooted should i do update