should I get the DX2 or Charge?

kparks

Reaction score
Have already taken the charge back, waiting for the D3 in the mail

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Hope u don't plan on taking pictures MOTO'S new phone are absolute crap when taking pics.. the keyboard is great if u will use it tho..

patfactorx

Reaction score
I disagree that Moto takes bad pics. I tested the Droid Charge camera and it was actually less sharp than my D2G. Check out my pics on Twitpic "Patfactorx". Indoor shots for all phones aren't that great but Moto takes great outdoor photos

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
I know you prolly hate HTC at the moment. But imo the Inc2 is the most dependable android phone on Verizon now. 20 hrs average battery life, no lag, stable gb (after factory reset). The only bugs are the alarm clock and HTC mail, which third party apps can be downloaded for. Also the Droid 3 and x2 still have lag even though they are dual core because of poorly written software and low ram.

sent from my inc2

From what I've been able to gather, I hear the htc devices actually have less ram for apps than the d3's new blur. Where sense uses more memory (like 200 some megs from what I hear) and moto's new blur uses much less. I could be totally wrong, but I remember seeing that somewhere. But the argument was htc had to add more ram to compensate for sense using too much memory.

Now, if we talk root and rom'ing. I'll take d3's ddr2 memory over more memory. I can't even imagine how fast this thing would be with better written software, its so fast already.

I'm still trying to find this lag people talk about on the d3. This thing is super quick.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

woahdroid

Reaction score
I know you prolly hate HTC at the moment. But imo the Inc2 is the most dependable android phone on Verizon now. 20 hrs average battery life, no lag, stable gb (after factory reset). The only bugs are the alarm clock and HTC mail, which third party apps can be downloaded for. Also the Droid 3 and x2 still have lag even though they are dual core because of poorly written software and low ram.

sent from my inc2

Totally agree with you on that. Had the og droid went to to the droid 2 then to the X and then pro. Verizon wouldn't give me anything but a moto device. Took an upgrade went htc couldn't be happier. They definitely made a quality phone here. Still waiting to root with gb update but the phonebis amazing from the first turn on.

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

sent from my inc2

From what I've been able to gather, I hear the htc devices actually have less ram for apps than the d3's new blur. Where sense uses more memory (like 200 some megs from what I hear) and moto's new blur uses much less. I could be totally wrong, but I remember seeing that somewhere. But the argument was htc had to add more ram to compensate for sense using too much memory.

Now, if we talk root and rom'ing. I'll take d3's ddr2 memory over more memory. I can't even imagine how fast this thing would be with better written software, its so fast already.

I'm still trying to find this lag people talk about on the d3. This thing is super quick.

I think blur and the new sense both take up a lot of memory. Sense may use a little more but has more available on the inc2. The d3 could have benefited from more ram. I can have as much as 240 mb or so of free ram on the Inc2. But even when there are a lot of items in cache the phone still doesn't lag, and it is good to have items in cache anyways. I just feel that HTC software is better at optimizing speed and memory, than MOTO is. I don't think the d3 is a bad phone at all I just notice a little lag when comparing side by side with the Inc2. The x2 is even worse. But I don't want to bust on d3, it has a lot of good points too. I think the x2 is not good though.

sent from my inc2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

sent from my inc2

Totally agree with you on that. Had the og droid went to to the droid 2 then to the X and then pro. Verizon wouldn't give me anything but a moto device. Took an upgrade went htc couldn't be happier. They definitely made a quality phone here. Still waiting to root with gb update but the phonebis amazing from the first turn on.

Yea I don't think MOTO is bad. There phones are better than the Samsung fascinate I had, but Inc2 is just good in every dept for me. On paper the Inc2 may not look like a lot but in hand its the best imo.

sent from my inc2

n0madtanks

Reaction score
I never owned a droid samsung phone but everyone I know that had one is very happy. Me and my droid two global though we fight alot.

Sent from my HeXeN powered D2G

Insidious

Reaction score
In terms of hardware and update schedules go with htc or moto.
It terms of great camera, beautiful screen go with samsung. Htc does have the hands down best UI out there. But touchwiz and philblur (android central joke) are getting MUCH better than what they used to be

kparks

Reaction score
I disagree that Moto takes bad pics. I tested the Droid Charge camera and it was actually less sharp than my D2G. Check out my pics on Twitpic "Patfactorx". Indoor shots for all phones aren't that great but Moto takes great outdoor photos

I'm talkin about the x2 and d3 not the d2 that's fine .... U most not of seen pics from the d3 yet cuz they are garbage

darkmatter

Reaction score
The camera is fine, you just have to get a camera app from the market. It's moto's software that needs work, not the sensor.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should you have to download an app for your camera to work properly?

You did pay $200 for the device after all.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Htc has the best cameras. Screen wise I like htc also idk why people are so in love with the over saturated fake samsung screens.

The only thing htc seems to fall behind in with their phones is battery.

woahdroid

Reaction score
Htc has the best cameras. Screen wise I like htc also idk why people are so in love with the over saturated fake samsung screens.

The only thing htc seems to fall behind in with their phones is battery.

Not on the incredible 2. I had the regular battery and I got 2 days at the minimum. Then the extended battery came. I can go like 5 days with light to moderate use.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea HTC use to be known for bad battery but they are redeeming themselves a bit with the Inc2. The battery life is more than stellar on this device.

sent from my inc2

woahdroid

Reaction score
I'm very impressed. I'm almost getting the same battery life as I did in my old feature phone. Mind you it is the. Extended battery. I'm still very fascinated by this. It's incredible too!