Should I get the Droid X2 or Droid Charge?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Fluxon, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Fluxon

Fluxon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have my birthday coming up, and I am due for a new contract and phone. Right now I have a LG Voyager Titanium...yes, it's like two years or three years old. I am thinking about getting the Droid X2 or the Droid Charge, I don't really care about 4G, and the Droid X2 has a dual core processor, so it seems that it would be faster for apps and dialing and texting and stuff.

I don't know if I should get the X2 though, since I see lots of people saying they are laggy and stuff, but then I think I should because I see people saying that their X2 is fast and responsive.

So yeah, should I get the Droid X2 or Droid Charge? I also posted this in the Droid X2 forum.

Thanks

2. Joebroni

Joebroni New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this same dilemma. I went up to a Verizon store to play with a X2 because I thought I could get it from Amazon for $119. The reviews of the screen are accurate. It's very pixelated. Put the battery icon close to your face and it's just disgusting how that 'high res' display is so poorly implemented. I too read a lot of forum posts about how the phone was very buggy, and with a locked bootloader, it didn't sound promising to trying and improve the experience.

I personally do not care for the hard buttons. They require and excessive amount of pressure IMO to operate. Not my cup of tea. I do love the Tegra 2 though. Very much so. Quadrant scores in the 2700s was niiiice.

So then on my way out I played with the 4g phones. The Amoled Plus screen was just gorgeous. Not a peep of excessive pixelation. Touchwiz was new to me (coming from a Droid1) but it was laggy like you may hear. The 3 major selling points for me: 1. 4G and being grandfathered into unlimited data when they go tiered eventually 2. The side power button and easier to operate lower buttons. The side power felt so natural to me and my thumb. 3. The Amoled Plus screen. Love the saturated colors.

I also like the lightweight of it, but its achieved by the use of plastics, meaning its not very durable. Plan on getting a case ASAP. Also being unlocked is awesome. Kudos to Samsung. Either way, my. 02 cents on the same dilemma I had a week ago. Hope it helps!

Search tags for this page

droid charge vs droid x2