should i get the droid 2 or i phone

demofox

Reaction score
hey guys an gals i was wondering becuse im up for an up grade from verizon an i was wondering if i should get the droid 2 or wait for the i phone in january on verizon i heard that it was but any way so yea should i get droid 2 .

moto droid not rooted

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My prediction is 99.9999% of the members here will say Droid 2 :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get what's best for your needs.

That being said, the Droid Pro may be coming out in November.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Yeah I had an iphone once, I much prefer my droid 1 and now droid 2. That and ATT coverage sucks.

Reaction score
hey guys an gals i was wondering becuse im up for an up grade from verizon an i was wondering if i should get the droid 2 or wait for the i phone in january on verizon i heard that it was but any way so yea should i get droid 2 .

moto droid not rooted

really? why would you come to a droid forum and ask that? Go try apple forums and see what they say?

Get what's best for your needs.

That being said, the Droid Pro may be coming out in November.

Part 1 = QFT

Part 2 = The Droid Pro is just the Droid 2 World Edition, not what was previously speculated. Rumors now show the crazy new device is called the Droid Sick

Yeah I had an iphone once, I much prefer my droid 1 and now droid 2. That and ATT coverage sucks.

So many people i know have switched to Android from iOS cause they are tired of not having the open features and yeah service blows

Darkseider

Reaction score
The iPhone no matter what version VZW gets is still limited. Essentially it is a Droid minus the open market. It is also a Droid minus widgets. All it is is a big app drawer. No more, no less. It's notification system even with iOS 4.x still sucks ass. Not to mention that you haven't rooted your Droid!?!? For the love of all that is good and holy left in this world what are you waiting for?! Root your Droid try a few different ROM/Kernel combos and then the question will just go away and you will keep your Droid well past your upgrade.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid, just because it's on Verizon's wireless network. AT&T is horrible.

Polymira

Reaction score
The iPhone no matter what version VZW gets is still limited. Essentially it is a Droid minus the open market. It is also a Droid minus widgets. All it is is a big app drawer. No more, no less. It's notification system even with iOS 4.x still sucks ass. Not to mention that you haven't rooted your Droid!?!? For the love of all that is good and holy left in this world what are you waiting for?! Root your Droid try a few different ROM/Kernel combos and then the question will just go away and you will keep your Droid well past your upgrade.

To be fair and play devils advocate, the iphone vs android expeirience are two very different things. The iphone is more fluid and generally had higher quality apps and games (I've been iphone free for almost a year, but there still isn't a good vnc client for android, and there's a reason angry birds got such big headlines when ported to android)

Ios notification system is garbage, but they do have push notifications... which can be nicer then keeping an app open all the time.

And lastly, if you are going to say the iphone has a closed market, then advocate rooting.... the cydia market for iphone is quite open, while only available via jailbreaking.

Just saying, iphone 4 is a sexy phone with the best camera on the smartphone market.... but there are a few keen items keeping me with android. But if Verizon continues the trend after the facinate of ruining phones, especially with their app market... I may jump away from big red.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score

To be fair and play devils advocate, the iphone vs android expeirience are two very different things. The iphone is more fluid and generally had higher quality apps and games (I've been iphone free for almost a year, but there still isn't a good vnc client for android, and there's a reason angry birds got such big headlines when ported to android)

Ios notification system is garbage, but they do have push notifications... which can be nicer then keeping an app open all the time.

And lastly, if you are going to say the iphone has a closed market, then advocate rooting.... the cydia market for iphone is quite open, while only available via jailbreaking.

Just saying, iphone 4 is a sexy phone with the best camera on the smartphone market.... but there are a few keen items keeping me with android. But if Verizon continues the trend after the facinate of ruining phones, especially with their app market... I may jump away from big red.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Granted the quality of apps/games for the iPhone are somewhat better than Android but the gap is closing quickly. More and more software devs are seeing Android as a lucrative place to be. Especially now since Apple has backpedaled on the limitation to dev environments that can be used for iPhone apps the apps can be written once in a common dev environment and compiled for both iOS and Android. Also with the coming of Adobe AIR to the Android platform a lot of applications will become available that will not be available on the iPhone.

It all comes down to the individual in the end but when weighing the OS and devices that it runs on Android far outweighs the iPhone. With the release of Gingerbread and the big UI overhaul Google has been talking about, rumored GPU acceleration of the UI, will make Android even more appealing.

ffej89

Reaction score
The OP is not referring to At&t at all. He is assuming that the Iphone will be on Verizon by January. That said, Droid

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

moto droid not rooted
"demofox" seems like a nice name, but WOW what a troll-type question!!! I'm surprised you haven't been totally banished from this forum! :) Seriously, did you think some of the Android folks would say "Well...an iPhone is totally cooler and the better device. Yeah, you should get one."

OK, now let's bring some facts to the table.

(1) I don't know how you're calculating iPhone -> Verizon in January, but NOBODY should set their watches on that time. I wouldn't believe anybody's prediction at this point. You should assume it ain't coming, and either move to AT&T or find a Android phone at Verizon that you love (I think the DroidX is pretty cool).

(2) What's wrong with the Droid1? What features is it lacking? The point about rooting is a good one. Spend some time experimenting with your phone and learn how to play with it. You might find that the investment of time and effort will pay you back 10x in FUN.

(3) Tell us more about your phone habits. You haven't even owned the D1 a year, and now you're ready for a new one? What about your Verizon contract? When is your next upgrade? Is this your first smart phone? Your second? Your fourth?

(4) It's pretty much a certainty, either way you go, that you'll be lusting after a new phone (we all will) next summer. So look before you leap. Even if you're right, and end up with a Verizon iPhone in January, imagine how you'll feel in July when Mr. Jobs announces the 5G. You'll look at the 6-month-old piece of crap in your hand, rush to the iPhone forum, and ask, "Should I drop the 4G and get the 5G???"

My vote is keep the Droid1 and get to know it better. Have fun.

-Matt