Should I get my phone repaired?

godinthehouse

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia M
My phone has already had a DIY screen repair which went flawlessly, however since then it's suffered another drop. The phone and digitizer are intact, however something internally has been broking, causing the touchscreen to be rendered useless.

Here's the thing; it's on a 2 year contract, and I'm 5 months in. And seeing as I did the touch panel replacement myself: warranty's void.

Should I pay and get it repaired by a professional? Or should I just cough up for a new phone? I'm confused and worried and I need a phone on me at all times for various reasons.

Please help.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
We can't really help you decide whether you think the phone is worth having repaired again or not. I can tell you that the cost of repair would be far less expensive than a brand new phone though.

Not sure which device you have, but if you feel it's worth repairing again then I'd go that route. Also, do yourself a favor and invest in a case.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

I would get a repair estimate. Based on the phones history, you can then decide if it's worth repairing or replacing it.

P

promo87

My phone has already had a DIY screen repair which went flawlessly, however since then it's suffered another drop. The phone and digitizer are intact, however something internally has been broking, causing the touchscreen to be rendered useless.

Here's the thing; it's on a 2 year contract, and I'm 5 months in. And seeing as I did the touch panel replacement myself: warranty's void.

Should I pay and get it repaired by a professional? Or should I just cough up for a new phone? I'm confused and worried and I need a phone on me at all times for various reasons.

Please help.
Well, I am feeling bad for you but I would rather say over here that getting a new phone would be a good option rather than fixing up the device again ! Why I am saying this is because once the device is opened it keeps giving problems time to time as this has happened with my previous phone. So better to get your hands on new things rather than wasting time as well as money in fixing the ... o_O

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I am feeling bad for you but I would rather say over here that getting a new phone would be a good option rather than fixing up the device again ! Why I am saying this is because once the device is opened it keeps giving problems time to time as this has happened with my previous phone. So better to get your hands on new things rather than wasting time as well as money in fixing the ... o_O
That's not necessarily true. I've repaired 1000's of devices, and a majority of them worked fine after repair.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's not necessarily true. I've repaired 1000's of devices, and a majority of them worked fine after repair.

Ever fixed the front glass on a Moto X? I just dropped my X and it was the very first phone whose screen I've broken in 20 years of using cellular phones! :-/

mu3aqupa.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

And please stop dropping that phone. It invites problems.

chris_youngrich

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola MB508
Am having a few problems with my Motorola Flipside/MB508, the dialer crashes as soon as I launch it, also the music app crashes too... same error msg on both. I have never rooted the device. Tried a factory data reset but that did not help... also touch no longer works or the 4 touch buttons (home, menu, search and back) touchpad doesn't work either and no lights in the four touch buttons anymore... I was wondering if maybe there is a virus in the ROM, or maybe the flex cable/ ribbon might be damaged but am not sure... please help

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ever fixed the front glass on a Moto X? I just dropped my X and it was the very first phone whose screen I've broken in 20 years of using cellular phones! :-/

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, no, I haven't. That said, Motorola's are typically much easier to repair than most other makes, except for Nokia, which are ridiculously easy. If you have insurance, I would file a claim. If not, you wouldn't be losing much by disassembling it and inspecting whether it can be easily replaced.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

swethawell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Please help.

I was wondering if maybe there is a virus in the ROM, or maybe the flex cable/ ribbon might be damaged but am not sure... please help

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was wondering if maybe there is a virus in the ROM, or maybe the flex cable/ ribbon might be damaged but am not sure... please help

Are you needing help or are you asking for more information from the OP? Your post is a bit confusing.

P

promo87

Well, I am having a personnel experience with it ! Once I take that to the .... :( It works fine for one month and after a while it starts getting some problems. I cant' comment over that actually as my experience with the Repair people is quite bad. I still remember my S2, it gets wet because i dropped it in water, I take it to the store they told me that circuit board is fired it needs to be replaced, they said they can fix that circuit board but again it is going to give your problems in future I thought why should I replace the whole circuit board and as the hour bell ranged my device started working back to the normal !! :D I was happy to see and though finally my problem has solved but just after 15 days my device LCD just died again been to store :( changed the LCD again for 15days it worked fine again some problem with the charging IC again got it replace and just after 5 days my device again died the same way like the first time now they are again saying to change my device circuit board :eek: I said that it was changed last 2 months back they... blah....blah..... I :( And lastly I have throw my S2 over the pond:mad: and purchase myself a new one ! And now I am far away from the problems i.e. why I have said that rather than repairing :mad::confused::eek:o_Othe device its better if I purchase a new one .... :cool: