Should I get a nexus?

ambrown

Reaction score
tgyberg said:
I've had my phone for 8 months and I get a little image retention that goes away right away. No burn in what so ever.

Thanks! That's helpful. I will likely end up getting the Nexus, though not till next month when my upgrade is due. By then Motorola will have announced their latest handset and the Razr will likely drop in price, but if the Nexus is still free then it'll probably be the winner anyway.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I got 13 days to love or leave this phone. Installed juice defender( which turns off data when screen is off) and timeriffic (which toggles things on and off like wifi when I program them to). I might just buy the extended battery, but is it worth it? Definitely a case too.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I noticed that I have no bars at home, but can still make a call. Almost no bars at work either, which my other phone always showed at least three bars at work, but I have heard that this is not scientific. I do like the screen and speed of nexus. No hiccups at all.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Coming from Motorola phones two things are lacking with Sammy's; radios & battery life. The battery is an easy fix; getting better radio reception is another matter. It will be ultimately up to you. I came from the Bionic and I really miss the solid radio and battery but don't miss the locked bootloader. The phone I'm also considering would be the Rezound; will need to research this one in more detail.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I got 13 days to love or leave this phone. Installed juice defender( which turns off data when screen is off) and timeriffic (which toggles things on and off like wifi when I program them to). I might just buy the extended battery, but is it worth it? Definitely a case too.

I love the extended battery. It gives me a lot more juice than I thought it would!

28jd72x.png

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
tgyberg said:
I love the extended battery. It gives me a lot more juice than I thought it would!

Pretty good. I saw that it's on sale online at Verizon for $25. Where did you buy yours?

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of those cheap batteries from ebay? I don't plan on using nfc, so not a big deal for me to loose that function. I have bought them before for my of Droid long time ago and they were ok.

cmurphy81

Reaction score
CBMGGM said:
Coming from Motorola phones two things are lacking with Sammy's; radios & battery life. The battery is an easy fix; getting better radio reception is another matter. It will be ultimately up to you. I came from the Bionic and I really miss the solid radio and battery but don't miss the locked bootloader. The phone I'm also considering would be the Rezound; will need to research this one in more detail.

I had the resound and as far as I know there is still no s-off so if you are into rooting and roming you are extremely limited.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Rezound. I've done some tweaking, flashed a different kernel and reinstalled Juice Defender. Going over 8 hours with 78% battery left.
GLaDos V2.1 kernel with BAMF JB rom

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
OK, my battery lasted for 12 hours with light use. But that's if I just barely touch it. Very little web browsing and a couple of short calls. It's like having a Ferrari that you can only drive for twelve miles. :-(

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I feel your pain. My Bionic would go 26+ hrs. Sedio makes 3800 mAh battery but it has a black cover; not to mention trying to find a case that fits.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that there are any 4G phones that have a battery life significantly longer than 24 hours! I'm sure most manufacturers claim otherwise, but in terms of real life usage 4G and the screen sucks down a ton of power... I guess I'm used to it by now having come from droid 1.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I am considering keeping the nexus since call quality has been pretty good. Even at home. Today I saw 4G for the first time inside my house. Believe it or not, people can hear me better from the galaxy while at my house than from my DROID X. Maybe because my DROID X was almost two years old.