Should I exercise the 30 day return policy to wait for a new Phone?

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
I am currently using a Droid X that I actually like. My biggest dislike on the phone in no forward facing camera. Reason I would like that is to be able to skype my wife and kids. Can't do that with the X without a mirror which is a PITA... So from what I understand I can exchange my phone if I don't like it within 30 days. My 30 days are up this coming Saturday. From what I am seeing there are alot of new phones coming out from the CES show. My question is should I use my 30 day and exchange for another phone and them likely have to do it again another 30 days later and maybe even again until the new stuff arrives? Or is this a stupid idea? Only reason I am hesitant is I am not positive when the new stuff will be coming out for sure...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You can exchange in 30 days if you want but there aren't any phones with a front facing camera out on vzw to my knowledge.

Whether you want to keep paying a restocking fee is up to you, but you could very well be exchanging until the 2nd quarter of this year before a front facing camera comes out.

If i were you, just wait til it comes out, sell the X at fair price and pay retail for the new phone.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea no front faceing right now and it will be prob next month or the next b4 those phones hit the shelf

evor1

Reaction score
not going to work. you can only exchange once. the first 30 days and thats it. it doesnt reset.

Beka27

Reaction score
Yes, only one exchange is allowed. Is there any way you can just return the phone? Altho, I'm not sure how that would affect your ability to upgrade later this year... Why did you get the X when you did, did your other phone break?

cpjr

Reaction score
Soooo, 30 days ago you didnt know you wanted a phone with a front-facing camera?

jason6g

Reaction score
my 2 cents - hold on to the X and wait for your upgrade to come due again.

reason - there is ALWAYS something better that is going to be coming soon. upgrade as soon as you see something you like (droid X) and enjoy it for what it is - a great smartphone. when your upgrade comes up in 20 months (august of 2012) there should be more than adequate lte coverage in your area from all the carriers and every carrier should have an even nicer, more polished and more powerful smartphone to offer then.

where i live i wont see lte for a while. i still rock the droid 1 - its rooted and everything so its snappy which is why i dont mind it. but a large screen or a higher res camera is not enough for me to upgrade. its been tempting, but what i have fits my needs. my next phone will hopefully have it all, twin cameras, fast but power efficient, and a large (4.3"+) screen that is BRIGHT so its actually worth something outdoors. as for software, im happy with what android can do currently - again it fits my needs. i would just be please if it could do everything faster, on a bigger screen, with a faster mobile network

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
my 2 cents - hold on to the X and wait for your upgrade to come due again.

reason - there is ALWAYS something better that is going to be coming soon. upgrade as soon as you see something you like (droid X) and enjoy it for what it is - a great smartphone. when your upgrade comes up in 20 months (august of 2012) there should be more than adequate lte coverage in your area from all the carriers and every carrier should have an even nicer, more polished and more powerful smartphone to offer then.

where i live i wont see lte for a while. i still rock the droid 1 - its rooted and everything so its snappy which is why i dont mind it. but a large screen or a higher res camera is not enough for me to upgrade. its been tempting, but what i have fits my needs. my next phone will hopefully have it all, twin cameras, fast but power efficient, and a large (4.3"+) screen that is BRIGHT so its actually worth something outdoors. as for software, im happy with what android can do currently - again it fits my needs. i would just be please if it could do everything faster, on a bigger screen, with a faster mobile network

I will agree with this statement.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is should I use my 30 day and exchange for another phone and them likely have to do it again another 30 days later and maybe even again until the new stuff arrives? Or is this a stupid idea? Only reason I am hesitant is I am not positive when the new stuff will be coming out for sure...
Your call to make. There's no "should" in this context.

You really should compile a list of your needs/wants, prioritize them and shop based on that rather than just buying a device only to find that it doesn't meet your needs/wants.

OP
L

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
Like I stated in the original post I really do like my X. Just wish it had the forward facing camera. No bid deal though cause I have 2 kids that will be eligible for upgrades around May. By then some of the new stuff will be out and if I want a different one I can use there upgrades.