Should I dump Doid for Incredible?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jamjr74, Apr 23, 2010.

1. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Yes they would just credit you what you paid for the droid and then you would buy the incredible for whatever the price is. I think $299 with $100 rebate.:icon_ banana:

2. m3kilpat

m3kilpat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you just return the droid, try out the incredible for 29 days, and then decide which you like better and go with that? If you decide you like the droid just return the incredible and say you liked the droid bettter. That's what I would do.

3. muzhik

muzhik Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    OnePlus One
    go see it in person and then decide, but from paper, YES i would trade it up in a heart beat... (never use physical keyboard)

4. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. Droid is the best phone and will be for a long time.

5. Koontzy

Koontzy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife and I were looking at the Incredible or the Droid. We watched many many videos of both of them, and did all the researching we could. I came from the Iphone, so the Incredible is alike in some ways...

The main thing that made me get the Droid instead of the incred is the keyboard, and IMO I think it looks cooler myself..

But hey check it out, then decide man, I bet either way you will be happy with either.

6. Woork

Woork New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if they'll let you do this. I traded my Versa out for a Droid and was told in no uncertain terms that I would not be allowed to trade back.

7. Yodes

Yodes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another thing to consider is rooting if youre into that. From what I've read on XDA HTC has patched the root exploit in 2.1. And considering how hard it was to get Eris root access I'd put money on HTC doing a good job of locking it down.

Again, that's only if you're into rooting or want to be. Not trying to dissuade you or anythingas im getting one myself but thats another point to consider.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. zmeflyby

zmeflyby Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you're smart you would. Unless you really need a physical keyboard.......

9. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Incredible is going to be a great phone. I do not think it is going to get the same marketing as the Moto Droid, but without it it will be successful. AS far as paying full market price for the phone, I will not do that. I will wait for an upgrade on my family plan, by then the phone will be $100 or there will be a new phone in November 2010. Verizon always drops something new then and it will be a phone to work on LTE.

10. Travis798

Travis798 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got my Droid and there is no way I'll be switching. I thought about pre ordering the incredible instead but honestly, prior problems with my touch pro have possibly ruined HTC to me for life. I knew the Moto would be well made, and a phone that I don't have to exchange all the time is a plus to me.

It really comes down to user choice. I love my droid and I'll be happy with it when other people are happy with their incredible. User preference is the reason that the Droid will still continue to sell after the Incredible is released.

11. domino0415

domino0415 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i know this may be off topic but does the incredible have full flash or just flash light ... there is a major difference

12. owlclaw

owlclaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Droid for just a couple of weeks, and it's my 1st smart phone. I figured if the world is really going to end in 2012, I might as well upgrade now. :)
    I really like the physical keyboard, and for me I like the weight and feel of the Droid. What's going to keep me w/ the Droid though is all of the accessories I just bought!