Should I dump Doid for Incredible?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jamjr74, Apr 23, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Ok I got my Droid on 3/30 and love it but should I trade it in for the incredible since I am under the 30 days?
  2. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would.....Love the Droid but ................
  3. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you still can then definitely do it, especially if you're like me and never use the keyboard
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Thats a choice you have to make.
  5. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes.

LOL...it depends. Do you want the physical keyboard or not? The incredible has many advantages (on paper) and some disadvantages (to some).
    No physical keyboard
    Much more plastic (either disadvantage or advantage depending on the camp)
    Sense UI (plus or minus...depends on the person
    Video out (huge for many)
    SnapDragon processor (arguably faster, but there are other things than just specs. Although over clocking to 1.8 or higher is something to look forward to)
    8gb of internal memory (no way this is not a plus)
    AMLOD screen (hmmmm. Most likely very nice inside but outdoors it will suck. That being said, I find the Droid pretty much unusable outdoors in the Texas sun)
    There are many more items to consider. I have watched every video on this phone and am one that will probably make the jump. I absolutely love my Droid and it is the best on the market IMHO. That being said, I just don't use the physical keyboard and am not worried about metal vs plastic. Besides...my Droid will stay in the family since my wife has my old BB Tour and absolutely hates it.

Personally I think the Incredible will be a great phone, and yes, even better than the Droid. That is not any type of slam on the Droid at all. Just a newer phone with updated specs. You cannot go wrong with the Droid....believe me. If you don't want or need a physical board will be the main question.
  6. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks mjs31. I do not use the physical keyboard and I also find the droid heavy which is why I am considering the HTC. I'll see how I feel. I purchased through letstalk.com and they do not have the HTC yet anyway.
  7. Yodes

Yodes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well once flash comes along and can start taking advantage of the Droid's GPU capabilities is gonna be huge plus for the droid.
  8. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    True, but that being said...the incredible comes with flash LMAO
  9. nolanandy

nolanandy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would do it in a heartbeat, if there is no extra charge to switch. flash? I careless about flash. I hate flash. Flash crashed on my PC all the time, why should I want that piece of junk?
  10. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Really....anyone within the 30 days period would be crazy not to hold out and see what the Incredible has to offer. It is just common sense. That is if you don't want a physical keyboard..

People will argue like nothing else to defend the Droid but that fact is, these same people will have a different phone a year or so down the road. Now it may be a Droid 2, but still. Go with what works for you. There is a new phone coming out all the time. Although I personally think the Droid is the best phone on the market as of this posting, I will probably be switching. As great as it is, I am an Android OS fan overall so will continue with that, not the make/model of the phone.
  11. papaskispartan

papaskispartan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know I am in the same boat like others. I just read an awesome review buy phonearena.com (droid vs incredible). i was so close to buying the incredible at full price, then sell the droid, but after reading the review, I am keeping the droid ;)
  12. Mishy

Mishy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was torn between the Incredible and the Droid but got the Droid instead because the VZW guy told me that if I got a phone that day (three days ago) that he would give me a deal and told me to name my price basically. I got my Droid for $99 after mail-in-rebate. So my question would be if I were to switch phones to the Incredible, would it cost me the advertised price of, what, $300 outright? Would I get my money back from the Droid in full since the 30 days is no where near being over?
  13. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Yes they would just credit you what you paid for the droid and then you would buy the incredible for whatever the price is. I think $299 with $100 rebate.:icon_ banana:
  14. m3kilpat

m3kilpat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you just return the droid, try out the incredible for 29 days, and then decide which you like better and go with that? If you decide you like the droid just return the incredible and say you liked the droid bettter. That's what I would do.
  15. muzhik

muzhik Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    OnePlus One
    go see it in person and then decide, but from paper, YES i would trade it up in a heart beat... (never use physical keyboard)