Should I consider dumping my Maxx for an S3¿

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok this debate is driving me crazy.

There is no spec thats better than the other. The phones will perform pretty much exactly the same. So you need to look at the little things. Do you want a single physical button? Where do you want your charger plugin? What side do you want the power button on? DO YOU WANT A REMOVABLE BATTERY? Screen size, universal accessory options etc etc

All of these are physical specs. We don't know who you are and what you like to hold. Look at these factors and only you can decide. Play with them both at the store. And forget Touchwiz or Blur, if you don't like them they can easily be replaced.

higher ram? higher processor? not the same

for me its the s3.. although the build quality isn't the greatest it makes it up in a lot of the other categories like screen size and quality.. camera... unlocked boot loader.. quicker.. there's no doubt software upgrades will be released quicker and be supported further down the line... for me removable battery is a plus... s beam.... shareshot... all share.. smart stay etc

both are too thin for me... id rather an extended battery on the s3 to give it some bulk... everyone's different to that aspect some ppl put on cases or leave it naked

if ur comparing the razr vs the s3 its not even a question which is better just because the maxx has a bigger battery doesn't make it a better phone than the s3 but it sure is a benefit for most

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

for me its the s3.. although the build quality isn't the greatest it makes it up in a lot of the other categories like screen size and quality.. camera... unlocked boot loader.. quicker.. there's no doubt software upgrades will be released quicker and be supported further down the line... for me removable battery is a plus... s beam.... shareshot... all share.. smart stay etc

both are too thin for me... id rather an extended battery on the s3 to give it some bulk... everyone's different to that aspect some ppl put on cases or leave it naked

if ur comparing the razr vs the s3 its not even a question which is better just because the maxx has a bigger battery doesn't make it a better phone than the s3 but it sure is a benefit for most

They are both great phones, but sweeet nailed it with this comment. And of course personal preference comes into play as well. One thing I have found over the years is that Moto owners love their phones, and Sammy owners love their phones. That said, I think we can all agree that its great to have choices when it comes to Android.
Enjoy your phone signum! :D

tap'n

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

Technically and physically speaking, yes. However, they both perform flawlessly and lag free. So to reiterate my point, specs don't matter and they will perform pretty much exactly the same. Only physical spec to really take into account is battery, and this horse has already been beaten to death in this thread.

Grats on the purchase Sig. Look at it this way, coming from an incredible, there is NO WAY you will be disappointed with this purchase. And if you decide you don't like it, then you can switch it out. Not sure how it works for employees, but I'm sure you have AT LEAST 2 weeks to make your decision :p

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

Signum

Reaction score
Technically and physically speaking, yes. However, they both perform flawlessly and lag free. So to reiterate my point, specs don't matter and they will perform pretty much exactly the same. Only physical spec to really take into account is battery, and this horse has already been beaten to death in this thread.

Grats on the purchase Sig. Look at it this way, coming from an incredible, there is NO WAY you will be disappointed with this purchase. And if you decide you don't like it, then you can switch it out. Not sure how it works for employees, but I'm sure you have AT LEAST 2 weeks to make your decision :p

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

Same 14 says. Minus the restocking fee lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I am a dedicated Moto fanboy ! Swore I'd never own another Samsung device after my galaxy tab, that said... I wouldn't part with my SGS3! My wife loves my Maxx now! Win win situation =]

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a dedicated Moto fanboy ! Swore I'd never own another Samsung device after my galaxy tab, that said... I wouldn't part with my SGS3! My wife loves my Maxx now! Win win situation =]

flip flopper!!!! lol jk nice move

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I know, right?
But Damn, they hit this out of the park!
Once in the Otterbox, the is no reason to complain about the frail plastic feel...still thinner than an iPhone in an Otterbox and no fear of issues with dropping anymore!

The only accessory I'm wanting is an mhl to usb3 OTG dongle for my usb3 Seagate 500 gig pocket drive.