Should I consider dumping my Maxx for an S3¿

balticzar

Reaction score
Thanks for all that information. I have the Razr Maxx and today is the last day that I can return it. I have been debating switching to the S3 or keep the Maxx. I think I will keep them Maxx???? Does that sound like a good idea???

If you don't always need the latest and greatest then stay with the Maxx. Better reception and better battery life and it now has ICS.

I too have a phone addiction like a previous poster wrote and can't help myself so I went from the Maxx to the S3. Love the S3 so far but every once in a while when I pick up the Maxx (gave it to my wife and she is always asking me for help w/ it) I can't help but to caress it and reminisce.

HomePC

Reaction score
Going from a Rezound (which I accidently bricked) to S3. The Rezound's radio is a tad better. Saying that, the S3's standard battery has been serving me better than the HTC's extended battery. Maybe Moto's battery is better, but the S3 is probably good enough for you. But I agree, the expense is not worth a side-grade.

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Was in big debate but I was tired of my Moto phone randomly resetting and crashing all the time. I think the only thing Maxx has on S3 is battery and build.
For me SG3 > Maxx, my s3 hasn't randomly reset at all yet so I'm happy.

kparks

Reaction score
I got the s3 and I say hands down keep the razr or the maxx or the Rezound or the Thunderbolt my previous phone lol... If ur Moto keeps resetting get a free replacement its under warranty the radios in the S3 is absolute garbage the screen ain't up there with the One X screens and the auto brightness is a pain cuz its always too dim and it's build quality blows compared to the rest!

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have no problems with the radio's on my S3. I get the same reception with my S3 as I did with my maxx. The battery is not as good and if you think that the S3 feels cheap get a case. The screen brightness is good on the S3 you just have to remember that the screen brightness is the main settings does not control the brightness for your videos and apps you have to set it in the settings of the app. If you compare the two phones the S3 wins hands down. And if you have to have it for the next two years the S3 was made to make sure you can get the latest software updates. As far as the razor maxx no one knows if it will get jellybean or not

Signum

Reaction score
Decisions, decisions...

So currently I'm using the RAZR Maxx and I absolutely love the phone because of the battery life that I get out of it. However, I am really interested in picking up the S3. I've been gong back and forth about this since we launched the phone at VZW. I decided to come to you all to help me make up my mind as to whether or not I should pick up this phone. I know the battery life won't be the same, so making comparisons on that are irrelevant. Price and contract are irrelevant as well because I work for VZW.

Thanks for your help :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

harp666

Reaction score
Had the Max and now a happy galaxy s3 owner...no regrets. Much better phone in my opinion designed for ICM sandwich and ready for Jellybean when it comes out(someday lol).
Besides the max battery life there's no reason to keep it, my signal is more stable with the galaxy.

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
I have not used the razr maxx but I know ppl with the razr... great phone. I have had the OG droid and droid x and can say that even though they get good signal the s3 seems even better to me. I was using the iphone 4s before the S3 and i must say its a great phone. Best i have ever used. Yesterday I went down to the hardware store and noticed that the S3 had one bar of 3G signal!! That may sound lousy but the iphone would comepletely loose 3G and sometimes total signal loss in the same store. That truly impressed me.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So currently I'm using the RAZR Maxx and I absolutely love the phone because of the battery life that I get out of it. However, I am really interested in picking up the S3. I've been gong back and forth about this since we launched the phone at VZW. I decided to come to you all to help me make up my mind as to whether or not I should pick up this phone. I know the battery life won't be the same, so making comparisons on that are irrelevant. Price and contract are irrelevant as well because I work for VZW.

Thanks for your help :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Merged with an ongoing conversation about the same topic. :)

Black05Hemi

Reaction score
Buy the S3, use it till the Razr HD comes out...Sell it if you don't like it, buy the HD

kparks

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch the s3 with a 10ft pole... I hate it nothing but problems can't wait to sell it!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Of course opinions vary.
I've had the S3 for just over a month now and its by far the fastest and most technologically advanced phone I've ever owned. I've been running root stock with Apex launcher since day one and I've had no problems whatsoever.
I suggest visiting your carriers local store and check it out first hand.
Its an amazing device! :D

tap'n