Should I be worried about the screen on the x...

chefb

Reaction score
I'm worried about scratches and overall quality of the device
Which is better glass or plastic?

avt123

Reaction score
I'm worried about scratches and overall quality of the device
Which is better glass or plastic?

Glass. You should not be worried about the screen at all. It is made with Gorilla Glass and is very good quality. I have had my DX since launch day and have had absolutely no problems at all with the devices build quality.

Horch it

Reaction score
I'd be concerned about finger prints on the device as opposed to glass toughness. I clean my device with a damp cloth usually a squirt or two on a good micro fiber cleaning cloth with a typical LCD cleaner, non alcohol type. That gets all the finger junk of the non glass parts just fine, including the hard buttons.

Mule65

Reaction score
No scratches
No screen protector
No case
No dice

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes!! You should be worried about getting addicted to that huge, beautiful screen!! However I would not be too worried about the screen getting scratched. I've had my D1 since the second week of November and it has never had a screen protector and it resides in either my shirt pocket or my pants pocket all day long. On fishing trips it gets thrown in the tackle bag. It has no scratched/chips or permanent marks. Now, that doesn't mean that it can't get scratched, but it's a pretty tough piece of glass. They didn't name it "Baby Lamb" Glass now did they?? No, they named it GORILLA GLASS!!! :icon_ banana:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Scratched my X in less than a week. I put an SGP protector on my new one. I'm not risking it anymore. Never had a problem with the Storm or Storm 2 but this screen got scratched by something.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
At least I know the name of the glass on the phone now....I could not figure out what it was. And three weeks into the phone I got are hair line scratch. So what type of screen is scratch proof. I put on a film for this awesome screen(I work in a kitchen soo...)

nc_biscuit

Reaction score
Scratched my X in less than a week. I put an SGP protector on my new one. I'm not risking it anymore. Never had a problem with the Storm or Storm 2 but this screen got scratched by something.

I have the SGP on mine too and love it... can't even tell it's there. My wife got a ZAGG invisishield and it sucked! We took it off and got her a SGP and she loves it just like me.

actrack03

Reaction score
+1 for naked! I just bought the X recently but I've had the Droid since 12/09 and it died by being tossed in a car accident. The impact bent the screen portion of the phone and killed the display but not a single scratch or crack in the glass.

steeveegee

Reaction score
when i got mine on the launch day i went to the mall and spent 15 bux on ghost armor for the screen
what a waste of money! two days later my headphones dented the ghost armor and it looked like absolute c**p
ripped of the screen protector and its been naked ever since
no problems whatsoever and i am a contractor.
this phone gets dirty! it even had thinset mortar smeared on it once
not one scratch!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
So what type of screen is scratch proof.
diamond covered or as a lot of expensive watches use sapphire glass. Have it on my tag heuer and its been through he'll and back without a scratch.

Sent from my DROIDX