should Froyo 2.2 appear on my phone settings

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Trionalaw, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

I think I successfully downloaded Froyo 2.2 because the Droid went through the application for a period of time and told me it successfully loaded. However, I still show 2.1 update! at the settings firmware version.

Does that mean I do not have Froyo 2.2?

Thannks
  2. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

If your firmware on 2.1, it is not 2.2 :huh:

What handset? Maybe you got the Eris update?
  3. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

2.2 comes with root, so rooting is not necessary before installation.

Simply put use RSD Lite to install SPRecovery.

After SPRecovery is installed do a backup to the nandroid folder of your old system.

Do a wipe, both data and cache with SPRecovery.

Then install Froyo. Now the way I did it was I unzipped the folder and put all 3 items in one folder. I stuck that in my Nandroid folder and did a restore (I renamed the folder Froyo, call it whatever you want).

That's different then what the other instructions say. But that successfully installed Froyo 2.2 and rooted my Droid.
  5. scf

scf Member

6. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

at the risk of causing both of you to roll your eyes and wonder just who this dweeb is, I want to make perfectly clear I understand your instructions.

I understand are RDlite but want to make sure what you mean by sprecovery. What file is this exactly? Or is it a function on one of the applications I have already downloaded?

do I do the backup to the nandroid by opening with the power/x and then the up volume and camera button? Once I get to that screen I think there is the nandroid backup option. Am I correct?

How do I wipe with the sprecovery? Is it a function in an app?

"Then install froyo. Now the way i did it was i unzipped the folder and put all 3 items in one folder. I stuck that in my nandroid folder and did a restore (i renamed the folder froyo, call it whatever you want). this completely confuses me. What are the three items? I have the P3DFR-CW-zip extracted. "Is there something else I should put in that folder??

Thank you so much. Again, I hope I didn't make you want to sign off and let me swim on my own. I think I did do enough where I can overclock my phone. According to the CPU app I have it is running at 1 GHz. It does seem faster.

I do appreciate your help. It took me a while to understand BIOS on computers after I learned how to build them. Of course you will probably have built computers and understand that it's not too hard.

Trionalaw
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  7. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

still no success following you were instructions. I decided to repeat everything.Interestingly, when I used the RSD lite to load the SPF recovery program, for the first time it tells me to power up the phone after it has executed 100% and says it is still in progress. That was about 10 minutes ago.

Also, when I did finally the first time through it to the Nandroid restore, it did not have the Froyo file which had earlier of the date that I had downloaded it.

How about this? When I opened that file and saved it into the Nandroid four on the SD disc there were three separate files within it: boot, system and image I think. The second time I did it I had five files: boot, cachet, data /Nandroid MD.5 and recovery and system. How about that?

Why something is messed up, don't you think? the recovery program is still runningin RSD light.

Thank you.
Search tags for this page

does my phone have froyo

which froyo update does my phone have