Damn. That's callus IMHO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Ya know, in the grand scheme of things.

My bottom still hurts when I sit down from my experiences with cell phone providers.

My butt tells me if the end result of the drama is beneficial in any way to us, the consumers.

I say throw the bone in the middle of the pile and watch them fight over it.

My bank account and cooler full of Coors Lite is more than ready for a fireworks show.

True story bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Personally, this is a huge blow to samsung. And I see no way other than for Samsung to have to compensate in some form or fashion in order to gain consumers trust back.

I for one, am excites to see what they are forced to resort to use as bait.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Personally, this is a huge blow to samsung. And I see no way other than for Samsung to have to compensate in some form or fashion in order to gain consumers trust back.

I for one, am excites to see what they are forced to resort to use as bait.

Oh they are CERTAINLY watching this very closely. Their recall was unprecedented in its swiftness and completeness. They are going overboard to get out from under this, giving people S7s to use until the new Note 7s are ready to ship. They're stock price actually went up reflecting public approval at how fast they took ownership of this and made reparations.

I'm confident there will be some additional offers coming as a result of this. Perhaps a coupon to redeem for an accessory or something.

Really, they are to be praised for actually not trying to excuse this away as user error or faulty third party chargers as some other phone manufacturers have for similar failures.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
^^^ Well said @FoxKat . Its a bummer for all of the new phone owners and an unfortunate situation. But I agree, you have to give Samsung credit for not trying to cover this up. They jumped right on the grenade and seem to be doing a good job of handling a bad situation. It's sad to see companies try to cover up their mistakes when it's obvious to the public that they are full of you-know-what. In this case they appear to be doing the right things.

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Oh they are CERTAINLY watching this very closely. Their recall was unprecedented in its swiftness and completeness. They are going overboard to get out from under this, giving people S7s to use until the new Note 7s are ready to ship. They're stock price actually went up reflecting public approval at how fast they took ownership of this and made reparations.

I'm confident there will be some additional offers coming as a result of this. Perhaps a coupon to redeem for an accessory or something.

Really, they are to be praised for actually not trying to excuse this away as user error or faulty third party chargers as some other phone manufacturers have for similar failures.

Oh, i am so not saying they are not being professional about the matter. I am proud that they are. Makes me more confident in purchasing another samsung in the future.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
After that advertising, Moto better hope some off brand charger doesn't toast their phone...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The fact is it'll take a lot more than this to sway the lion's share of Sammy fans to go with a different manufacturer. Everyone I know loves their Note 7 and have no intentions of switching to a different device, let alone different manufacturer. It doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, they've all had similar situations pop up in the past after releasing a new device. It happens, period. Samsung is doing their best to remedy the problem and that's all anyone can ask of them. Sure it'll hurt them financially, but they'll bounce back.
I can see them now working even harder on next springs S8 to put out an amazing device that'll make everyone forget all about batterygate. You heard it here first.

.....now, have a cookie.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The truth is, there are only two known phone manufacturers for many people... Apple and Samsung. I've had people reference my phone (Turbo 2) by saying "What Samsung phone is that?" I've heard people say "Do you have an iPhone or Samsung?" as if there were no other phones but those two, so I agree with @cr6.

In the end, Samsung will take the hit, get up off the mat and go right back to boxing. The people in the stands will continue to cheer them on. The only ones for the most part who will dump them are those who have had problems with them, whether it is overheating, other issues or actual fire. It's not enough in a total percentage of phones that have reported as failing to be a critically damning issue.